Coffee consumption and Prostate Cancer

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Coffee consumption and Prostate Cancer

Postby bruceb » Wed May 18, 2011 8:12 am

Read here and refill that cup!
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Re: Coffee consumption and Prostate Cancer

Postby GreenBean » Thu May 19, 2011 10:15 am

bruceb wrote:Read here and refill that cup!

That is good to know but if I drink any more coffee I will be in danger of drowning.:? I guess it is good news that coffee has an inverse association with prostate cancer but if they came to the opposite conclusion I would not drink any less. :)

I believe in the old adage that "a little of what you fancy does you good" unless, of course, you are the head of the IMF.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

RE: Re: Coffee consumption and Prostate Cancer

Postby bruceb » Thu May 19, 2011 11:15 am

Growing up in the 1950s I often heard a commercial for Bufferin: "Don't trade a headache for an upset stomach." If I drank 6 cups of coffee per day I guess I would be trading an increased cancer risk for an upset stomach, or more likely an ulcerative perforation of the stomach. This is one of those news items that I will file away with information on alcohol and heart attacks or licorice and baldness. A cup (or two) keeps the blues away. :D
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Re: RE: Re: Coffee consumption and Prostate Cancer

Postby GreenBean » Thu May 19, 2011 4:45 pm

bruceb wrote:... This is one of those news items that I will file away with information on alcohol and heart attacks or licorice and baldness. A cup (or two) keeps the blues away. :D

I thought you were joking about the licorice and baldness but after googling it I see that you are not.
My favourite part is:

"Licorice can have serious side effects and should not be taken without physician supervision." :shock:

I am speechless. :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

RE: Re: RE: Re: Coffee consumption and Prostate Cancer

Postby bruceb » Thu May 19, 2011 9:45 pm

I guess you have never gone on a licorice binge, or you wouldn't be so surprised! :oops: :(
bruceb

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Coffee consumption and Prostate Cancer

Postby GreenBean » Fri May 20, 2011 3:15 pm

bruceb wrote:I guess you have never gone on a licorice binge, or you wouldn't be so surprised! :oops: :(

You are correct as usual Bruce. I have always been fond of licorice but I can not say I have ever binged on it to the extent that I noticed any effects. :(

I am intrigued now, what am I missing? :D

GreenBean

Postby bruceb » Fri May 20, 2011 9:17 pm

GreenBean wrote:
bruceb wrote:I guess you have never gone on a licorice binge, or you wouldn't be so surprised! :oops: :(

You are correct as usual Bruce. I have always been fond of licorice but I can not say I have ever binged on it to the extent that I noticed any effects. :(

Well, if you think you'd get a thrill from muscle weakness and hypertension go for it! :shock: 8)
bruceb

Postby GreenBean » Sat May 21, 2011 5:25 pm

bruceb wrote:
GreenBean wrote:

Well, if you think you'd get a thrill from muscle weakness and hypertension go for it! :shock: 8)

Doesn't sound very enticing, I think I will stick to caffeine. :wink:

GreenBean

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Coffee consumption and Prostate Canc

Postby motoman » Sat May 21, 2011 6:25 pm

I do not understand why you are unaware of the dangers of licorice. Have you not seen what it did to Bertie Basset?
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Coffee consumption and Prostate

Postby GreenBean » Mon May 23, 2011 11:57 am

motoman wrote:I do not understand why you are unaware of the dangers of licorice. Have you not seen what it did to Bertie Basset?

A good point. :D

GreenBean

Return to Off Topic