Severe outbreak of upgradeitus in germany

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Severe outbreak of upgradeitus in german

Postby bruceb » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:49 pm

I have always found it curious how much procrastination has caused me friction and suffering and yet I always fall back into the same weakness of putting things off that need to be done right now. On those rare occasions when I actually did something without putting it off I noticed how smoothly it went and how much trouble I saved myself. Nonetheless, the next time the same or a similar situation arose I found myself shoving all thoughts of taking care of it onto the back burner and then suffering the consequences. It seems such a universal weakness that it must be a basic human characteristic. :?
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:35 pm

What Bruce said, yet I still do it too :roll:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby lukas » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:51 am

And I had high hopes it would automagically become less of a problem the older you get!
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Postby bruceb » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:03 am

Oh it does, Lukas. When you get old enough and forgetful enough and silly enough people stop giving you things to do and thus the problem no longer exists. Some people find this quite pleasant. Image
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby CakeBoy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:46 pm

I'm just plain silly ...... unfortunately :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby motoman » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:22 pm

I just stay in bed until the problem goes away.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

Postby GeorgeW » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:46 am

Clearly what has happened here is that Eric has had a short break in Germany and can be identified as the source of this upgradeitus infection.
But for him and his profligate ways, the entire coffee industry would be now bankrupt.
I salute him and he deserves to be commemorated in some way.
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:37 pm

Beanie wrote:
bruceb wrote:
geedee wrote:[quote="Aadje@Lukas] that's exactly how it works :D[/quote]Listen up child, I invented procrastination back in the 60's but put off doing something about it ... :wink:

Plagiarists, all of you! :? I was procrastinating before you were born. My middle name is Putitoff. 8)[/quote]
I was gonna invent procrastination but I waited until the 70's to be born :roll: Ok, OK! The truth is I delayed my own mother's birth...and then before I knew it, it all snowballed from then. Keep watching out for the snowball...it's still coming...sometime...sooner or later...probably later... :P[/quote]

I would respond, but I need time to think about it. In fact, it's taken me this long to even acknowledge the posts. You procrastination amateurs you ..... hmmmmmm ; ) :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Severe outbreak of upgradeitus in ge

Postby GreenBean » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:45 am

CakeBoy wrote:
Beanie wrote:
bruceb wrote:
geedee wrote:[quote="Aadje@Lukas] that's exactly how it works :D[/quote]Listen up child, I invented procrastination back in the 60's but put off doing something about it ... :wink:

Plagiarists, all of you! :? I was procrastinating before you were born. My middle name is Putitoff. 8)[/quote]
I was gonna invent procrastination but I waited until the 70's to be born :roll: Ok, OK! The truth is I delayed my own mother's birth...and then before I knew it, it all snowballed from then. Keep watching out for the snowball...it's still coming...sometime...sooner or later...probably later... :P[/quote]

I would respond, but I need time to think about it. In fact, it's taken me this long to even acknowledge the posts. You procrastination amateurs you ..... hmmmmmm ; ) :P[/quote]

After reading this I am not sure if you have truly mastered the art of procrastination or if you are just too lazy to procrastinate. :wink: :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Severe outbreak of upgradeitus i

Postby geedee » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:32 pm

I could be lazy ... maybe next year
Life's uncertain, eat pudding first!
--------------------------------------
Wega Mini Nova - rotary , plumbed in
Macap 7 grinder
Old Monarch Deli Grinder
Gaggia MDF grinder (for sale)
3 presspots
2 mocha pots
geedee

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Severe outbreak of upgradeitus i

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:03 pm

I'll get round to thinking about it sometime ......
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Previous

Return to Off Topic