M&S "Just Heat" Coffee

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

M&S "Just Heat" Coffee

Postby kingseven » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:44 pm

1 litre size tetrapacks of coffee (italian roast, medium roast and decaf) that you just heat.

Are we that lazy? Is it any good? Is instant not cheaper and just as foul?

Noticed it today at its bargain introductory price of 99p.

Almost bought some out of curiosity.
http://www.jimseven.com

I'll never own too many items with which to enjoy coffee.
kingseven

Postby quink » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:33 pm

I remember a few years ago that kenco did a liquid coffee that you just added hot water to, only tried it the once and never bothered again as it didn't taste any good, but people still go out and buy camp coffee in bottles, go figure.
Modified Rancilio Silvia, Gaggia 2600 grinder, La Pavoni Pub 1EV
quink

Postby mnemonix » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:46 pm

With M&S food it's all about the illusion of quality, it aspires to a notion of 'high class' but at the end of the day, a ready meal/drink is just that and no substitute for the real thing... it'll never be better than good ingredients turned into junk food !

chris.
mnemonix

Postby walts » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:42 am

Bang on Chris. For years I tried to convince my wife that M&S food, in spite the 'illusion' of quality, was actually inferior to almost any that one finds anywhere else. But could she take it in? They have such a large proportion of the population brainwashed that it is hard to get through. Like their coffee, at £1.75 per cup(no I haven't tried it and never will)which is a blatant rip off. I can get a real Espresso a hundred yards away for £1.10. This illusion carries on elsewhere into the 'Instant' field. Millions are brainwashed into believing that they are drinking 'real coffee' Yuk! It is far from that, but if, like the masses you are not prepared to get your finger out and brew........then you are lumbered with it. Yuk! What a tragedy. Must get off and load up my Bodum. Walt.
Bialetti Brikka 2 cup Mokka Pot.
Rival.PP25. Popcorn roaster.
Krups. GVX2 Coffee Grinder.
walts

Return to Off Topic