tailored coats - London area?

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

tailored coats - London area?

Postby dsc » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:44 pm

Hi guys,

so I've been trying to get a nice coat for the winter, something that fits me well and allows me to move quite easily, but it seems like something even close to this hasn't been produced yet. The problem is, as usual, the fact that I'm 6'5", slim with a wide chest/back/shoulders and even if I get something to fit my shoulders I cannot freakin' move in it, forget about raising your hands in the air or doing anything other than standing still.

So the question today is, does anyone know of any companies/personal tailors that do nice quality coats? I'm guessing London has got to have something like this, but I wouldn't like to spend an arm and a leg. I'd like a simple, wool pea coat, 3-4 buttons, black that actually fits me (none of that baggy crap).

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Regards,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

RE: tailored coats - London area?

Postby motoman » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:40 am

T K MAXX have a lot of winter sports clothing at reasonable prices, they have all the XXL sizes that should fit you well. As they seem to come from different sources in Europe there is more variety in size and fit so even a bean pole with a lump in the middle should be catered for.

There is also plenty on military surplus stores that may help.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

RE: tailored coats - London area?

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:09 pm

Have a look at Charles Trywhitt, they are best value online or at their outlet store. Very nice overcoats with really big discounts often available.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

re

Postby dsc » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:59 pm

Hi guys,

thanks for the suggestions. I've been to TK Maxx, I shall hit them again soon, you need to be lucky to find anything nice there, but I'll keep looking. Yeah a bean pole with a lump in the middle describes me well. I just don't get it, cause most clothes should fit average people. I consider myself average, well maybe except for my height, but even if I ignore the sleeves being too short on most coats, the chest never fits. I mean wtf? I've got almost no chest, I'm 38", perhaps my back is a bit bigger, but still I cannot move if I try a medium or even a large. And I need a medium to get the shoulders right, most of the time anything bigger means baggy shoulders and chest waaay too big, yet still uncomfortable.

Cakes thanks for the link, nice stuff I will definitely look into it.

Regards,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

RE: re

Postby motoman » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:40 pm

You are running out of time, look up Black Friday UK for any clothing deals. ends today.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

Return to Off Topic