Chocolate?

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby bruceb » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:28 am

On a related note, I ran into this on the New York Times today (free registration may be necessary).

Summarizing: A number of small companies are trying to make inroads into the restaurant chocolate business in New York, eventually unseating Valrhona, the present gold standard. A new outfit from San Francisco is selling chocolate under the name of Tcho and is learning just how difficult it is to break into this traditional market. I was surprised to learn that one of the owners of this new company was Jane Metcalfe, a founder of Wired magazine. I also found interesting the fact that the owners say they are working with cocoa farmers to improve their crops and products, just like some coffee importers are doing.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby JulieJayne » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:49 pm

In the interests of science, forget the milk. Try Domori hot chocolate, mixed with water, whisked and served in an espresso cup.... unbelievable.
Espresso: BFC TCI Lira.
Grinders: Eureka Mignon (2), Mahlkonig Guatemala,
Roaster: Gene Cafe.
Retired... Cimbali Junior, Cimbali Alinox.
JulieJayne

Previous

Return to Off Topic