good chocolate(s), London area

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

good chocolate(s), London area

Postby dsc » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:20 pm

Hi guys,

a friends nameday (yes name day) is coming up and I want to give her a small box of good/interesting/tasty chocolates. Anyone has any recommendations on where to get some in the London area? I'd prefer to buy them over the counter, but if there's something super delicious sold online I'm not going to say no.

Regards,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

RE: good chocolate(s), London area

Postby anette » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:55 am

william curley!
anette

Postby Sunnyfield » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:28 am

Marcolini is of exceptional quality! Pierre Marcolini is one of the very few chocolatiers left that still selects, roasts and processes its own cacao beans. Even the most renowned chocolatiers nowadays source their (processed) cocoa from third parties. Marcolini's SO's are to die for. I think this will appeal to TMC-ers.

Verde & Co at Spitalfields sells Marcolini chocolates: http://www.marcolini.be/#/en/shops/?catId=1

For most of us not living in Belgium, Paris, London, Tokyo or Kuwait, Neuhaus is your choice. They beat Godiva hands down, and Godiva is already "not bad at all".
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Postby Beanie » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:42 am

Older Thread ...and I don't think Marcolini's is listed!! I'll admit to gobbling up about 100euros worth of Marcolini chocs in less than a week... and I'm NOT a choc-lover!!!
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

re

Postby dsc » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:45 am

Hi guys,

thanks for the recommendations, currently I'm leaning towards William Curley and Pierre Marcolini, I'm just not sure what to expect pricewise from the latter. I'd like to buy a box of 6 pralines, just to give enough tasting options and still keep it quite small and neat. Looking at the website, Marcolini does have some amazing stuff, too bad nothing with white chocolate as the nameday-gyrl likes white chocolate and raspberries.

Anette can you recommend anything from Will C.?

Regards,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

RE: re

Postby Jasonscheltus » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am

Monmouth used to get a bunch of single origin chocolates from Pralus. We just got a pack recently and I had forgotten how special great chocolate is!
Jasonscheltus

Return to Off Topic