My Gaggia has turned me into a tea drinker!

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

My Gaggia has turned me into a tea drinker!

Postby xmastree » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:55 pm

Not to worry, I still love my coffee, it's just....

Before I got the machine, my typical day would involve a cup of instant at home in the morning, followed by various cups during the day, either from my flask or (if I'm working at the hospital, as I am at the moment) breakfast in their restaurant.

So, my first morning at the hospital after a 'proper' coffee for breakfast, I went into the reataurant as usual, and got my usual bacon butty and coffee.

Sipped the coffee, Bleargh! what's this stuff?

It seems I could handle it before, but now I've tasted the proper stuff I can no longer stomach theirs. So it's tea from now on.
xmastree

RE: My Gaggia has turned me into a tea drinker!

Postby Aadje » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:07 pm

These are well known side effects of quality coffee, but don't worry, it won't ago away . . .
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

RE: My Gaggia has turned me into a tea drinker!

Postby geedee » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:34 pm

The problem is that most cafe tea is as bad as cafe coffee. I had a cup of tea in Budapest once because their espresso machine had more muck on it than my dog's kennels after a winters shooting, and they served it with hot milk ...
Life's uncertain, eat pudding first!
--------------------------------------
Wega Mini Nova - rotary , plumbed in
Macap 7 grinder
Old Monarch Deli Grinder
Gaggia MDF grinder (for sale)
3 presspots
2 mocha pots
geedee

Postby Rujir » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:52 pm

I think, that there is a solution to this problem. You just need to buy a decent hand grinder (Kyocera) and a French Press and voila! Delicious coffee at work! I had the same problem, I have solved it this way and I'm completely satisfied.
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." Abraham Lincoln
Rujir

Postby xmastree » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:09 pm

Rujir wrote:I think, that there is a solution to this problem. You just need to buy a decent hand grinder (Kyocera) and a French Press and voila! Delicious coffee at work! I had the same problem, I have solved it this way and I'm completely satisfied.

Or even one of these.

Although the problem is, I don't always have access to a kettle either so I'd need one of these too. I work all over the place, at customers' sites, sometimes there's a restaurant, sometimes not. Mostly I'm stuck with what I can grab when I can.

It's tough being a road warrior.
xmastree

Postby Rujir » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:02 pm

The only answer then is an outdoor gas stove and some vac-pot. You will look little bit weird but what the heck! Good coffee is good coffee! :lol:
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." Abraham Lincoln
Rujir

Postby PCthug » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:04 pm

Actually, i drink instant at work.
At home i haven't drank instant in about 4 years.
I dont think of instant as being coffee, as its certainly not the same drink as i have at home.
Like tea, it is a completely different drink to (real) coffee so cant be compared, I can therefore stomach it a little better with this thought in mind.
Fracino Cherub
Iberital MC2 grinder
PCthug

Return to Off Topic