Cigars + Coffee

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Steve » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:59 am

So is there a seperate area for smoking within the shop Joey? How do your other customers feel about smokers in the shop? I for one think its great but the UK is getting very touchey about the unclean ones. I think the next phase is to isssue all smokers with a bell so you know who they are.
Save one of those cigars for when I come to visit ;)
Steve
Founder Member

Cigars and Coffee

Postby PeterAG » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:05 pm

Good cigars and coffee do go well together.
I always bought a cigar on Wednesday to smoke with coffee after Sunday Dinner. I would place the cigar on the mantelpiece and talk to it until the appointed time. On one sad occasion the outer leaf was bust, the cigar therefore useless. So, I wrote to the MD of the firm, humourously I must add. I recieved back, eventually, five cigars. After the next Sunday lunch with some good coffee I had one. The initial reaction being that it was not just tobacco :shock: , floating a foot above the carpet for the rest of the afternoon.
These days its a 3 month breath recovery period after a decent smoke.

Kind regards
PeterAG

Postby Joey » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:42 pm

Steve wrote:So is there a seperate area for smoking within the shop Joey? How do your other customers feel about smokers in the shop?

Well, I wanted to have the back of the shop for smokers, and the front for non-smokers (so that the non-s don't have to walk through the s-area...)
...but when a big group of 12 people after the theatre comes in and takes the seats in the front with 4 of them smoking - I can't tell these 4 to go to the back for their ciggy.
I am so lucky that I have a very, very good ventilation system (thanx Starbucks! Yes, you've heard right :oops: ) This is the only place where I come home and don't smell like smoke - I swear! Usually, as I have long hair, it would smell like cold smoke even after a 10 minutes stop in a smoking area.... here I have a special button for the "party mode" :lol:
I used it today, for example. I can choose how much fresh air it should use, how much rpm, and I have that extra party-turbo mode that sucks out the air real quick.
So until today nobody had a problem with smokers.
And I have to admit I don't have ashtrays on the tables until someone asks for one. That freaks out the "I-don't really-have-to" smokers. Many don'T smoke because they think it's a non-smoking area. :twisted:
The ones that really HAVE TO ask anyway :wink:

Cheers
Joey
"Latte" is french for "you've paid too much for your coffee"
Joey

Postby zix » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:54 am

Here is an image of the humidor corner of the cigar/coffee bar I promised to take pictures of. It is a bit irregular since I had to stitch several shots together and didn´t have a tripod with me. The coffee bar is rather small and the humidor is comparatively big (all the way from floor to roof, and it is crammed with cigars and cigarils... niiiice) so one image wasn´t enough. The humidor´s sliding glass door is at the right side as can be seen, although the angle is a bit narrow.

Click the image to see it in higher resolution (360kB, opens in a new window).
Seeing it now, I feel an instoppable urge to add that I did not, repeat, not order those lattes. It´s not even my table. No sir.

Anyway, the cigar was great, the coffee... well, as good as the average espresso over here, but no more. Really nice little place, though.
‹• Bezzera B3000AL • Strietman ES3 • Chemex • Cona C size • Aeropress • Vev moka • Bialetti Brikka • Espro • Cezve • Bacchi Espresso • Arrarex Caravel •
• HG-1 • Lido 1 & E-T • OE Pharos •
• oven • hot air gun • Behmor •›
zix

Postby Joey » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:21 am

that shop looks charming! They have 2 grinders...so they even take care of several coffees...or is it just caffein & decaf?
Cool humidor! Thanks for the work putting the pics together, good job.
cheers
joey
"Latte" is french for "you've paid too much for your coffee"
Joey

Postby zix » Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:12 pm

joey wrote:that shop looks charming!

Oh, yes it is. Save a few details it is perfect in its own way. Cigars are served on a really nice looking ashtray, together with good matches and a cigar-cutter. They have quite a little collection of chocolate bars, chocolate blocks and chocolate bakeries to go with the coffee also.
They have 2 grinders...so they even take care of several coffees...or is it just caffein & decaf?
It is several coffees, if I understood them correctly they use one for lattes/cappas and the other one for espressos.
Personally though, if I was boss there I´d fine tune the "coffee part" quite a bit, a lot can be done there. I´d say there are 4 or 5 places with quite good espresso in Gothenburg - this is not one of them.
Cool humidor! Thanks for the work putting the pics together, good job.
Thanks! It was fun, just a quickie really. I can do a lot better than that with a tripod...
‹• Bezzera B3000AL • Strietman ES3 • Chemex • Cona C size • Aeropress • Vev moka • Bialetti Brikka • Espro • Cezve • Bacchi Espresso • Arrarex Caravel •
• HG-1 • Lido 1 & E-T • OE Pharos •
• oven • hot air gun • Behmor •›
zix

Previous

Return to Off Topic