good quality olive oil

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

good quality olive oil

Postby dsc » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:19 pm

Hi everyone,

so anyone knows where to buy some nice olive oil? I brought a small bottle from Italy a while ago, but I finished it quite quickly and now have to use the supermarket brands instead. Would love to try something else, refreshing and good quality.

Answers on a postcard please!!

Regards,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

RE: good quality olive oil

Postby dr.chris » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:26 pm

We used to get oil from a Greek stall in Borough Market but I am not sure if its there any more (We havnt been since our exile to the west 5 years ago) - Its all a matter of opinion like everything else here but Greek (and especially Cretan) is the best.
Iberital L'anna / Mazzer Mestre/ Iberital tamper
dr.chris

RE: good quality olive oil

Postby bruceb » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:47 am

Extra Virgin olive oils from Italy, especially from Liguria are my favourite. If you search the Internet you'll find all kinds of shops offering good oils. You get what you pay for. There are no real bargains to be had in really good oils. I pay between €25 and €30 for a 0.7L bottle (which I use for salads and pasta, not for cooking). What's more, most good oils are all sold by June or July so it's best to buy now. New harvest oils are incredible if you can get them. You need a peppery one for pasta, etc. and a creamy one for salads. Hereis an excellent one that is available in the UK.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby Richard14 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:24 am

Izzo Duetto, Mazzer Mini E
Richard14

Return to Off Topic