Climbing caffinated, belay brewing. A climbers thread

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Hugo » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:28 pm

Great vid.... got me watching some mental Sharma stuff. God he's a freak. Sarah utterly unimpressed of course :roll: .

Scaphoid's fine thanks for asking Isjms, though I haven't tested it on anything worse than a pf handle.... mind you catching a crab at race speed on a sweep oar ain't comfy.

Sorry Gouez, I'm a practical, unfashionable type of guy. My beanie makes me look more like a dork but keeps my head warm...!
http://www.relishfoodanddrink.co.uk
Relish Food & Drink
Foundry Court
Wadebridge
Cornwall
Hugo

Postby Gouezeri » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:56 pm

Sharma is most definitely a freak!

Go on, admit it, you wear a beanie cos it's more aerodynamic than a sowester! :lol:
Catching anything with an oar (or even the piss take afterwards) at speed is never fun!

You mainly rowing in rivers or at sea then Hugo? Would imagine that both are feasible in your part of the world.
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby Hugo » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:21 pm

Always on the river, the Fowey mostly, from a lovely spot called Golant (famously the home of Tristram & Iseult, of Wagner fame) .... Castle Dore rowing club. We slide seat in fine (long thin) boats, mostly sculling, though did Dartmouth regatta rowing sweep oar on bow side.. not exactly Redgrave & Pinsent but thrilling and lung-busting none the less.
A lot of Cornwall is into Gig rowing, which does go out to sea lots and is great for beer afterwards... but it's soooo slow and nothing like as technically demanding.

Funnily enough our vice captain pulls shots of Monmouth organic espresso in his rather cool wine shop in Padstow using a Mazzer mini and my old Spaziale S1.... :)
http://www.relishfoodanddrink.co.uk
Relish Food & Drink
Foundry Court
Wadebridge
Cornwall
Hugo

Postby Gouezeri » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:09 pm

This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby Glenn » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:43 am

Used to love climbing in New Zealand. We had the 'Quarry' in Mt Eden (Auckland) on our back door step and used to frequently travel to Paynes Ford / Takaka in the South Island too. Many friends there still climb.

A few extreme sports injuries (years of luge/climbing/surfing/skiing&snow boarding took their toll on my right shoulder) led to me having a shoulder op and I haven't climbed outdoors since, although near where I live in North London are outdoor climbing walls and I still belay for friends indoors.

We used to brew coffee on a moka pot and took hand grinders with us and Atomic, Roasted Addiqtion or Allpress beans. Cooking over an open fire or where possible, little gas burners (quicker and easier and worked in the wet).

I've got the itch again now after reading this post...
Gaggia Classic | Mahlkonig Vario | Chemex | Aeropress | Refractometer & Extract Mojoâ„¢ | mypressi TWISTâ„¢ | Reg Barber Copper Base Tamper | and only the best beans
Glenn

Postby lsjms » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:06 pm

Ahh Paynes, spent a few happy months there in the Hangdog campground, we had a awesome time putting up new routes(they are called highballs nowadays!) in Abel Tasman . Great spot, Wholemeal cafe rules.
When were you frequenting Paynes?
lsjms

Postby lsjms » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:03 am

lsjms

Postby psychomansam » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:45 pm

So are there any other coffee/climbing addicts around sheffield (or manc) at the mo with too much spare time? Get in touch if anyone fancies combining the two. Also if anyone wants to visit sheffield for climbing and needs a mid-week doss, drop me a line

Was on the choss that is horseshoe briefly earlier today, and off to warrington's finest wall tonight as i'm at the gf's, but i'm generally out on the grit as too weak for most peak sport at the moment

:D
Bezzera BB105, Hario slim grinder, Hario filter, swissgold filter, aeropress, cafetieres, cold brewer, stovetops, lots of teas...

...and lots of love
:-)
psychomansam

Previous

Return to Off Topic