Senior moment or something more serious?

Anything Else!

Moderators: CakeBoy, GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb

Postby GreenBean » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:59 pm

Deleted duplicate.
Last edited by GreenBean on Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
User avatar
GreenBean
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:15 pm
Location: Chester

Postby bruceb » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:52 pm

You guys are too weird, even for me. Image
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
Image
User avatar
bruceb
 
Posts: 5364
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:49 pm
Location: Northern Hesse, Germany

Postby GreenBean » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:05 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Image

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
User avatar
GreenBean
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:15 pm
Location: Chester

Postby espressomattic » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:57 pm

I have obsereved the following;

The coarsness of the hair is also thicker around the ears with a substantially larger amount of brain matter attached when removed. I propose then that the main leakage points are the ears and the nose merely acts as an over flow.

Scientifically, GB, I think you have really hit upon something...maybe a letter to New Scientist or something?
espressomattic
 
Posts: 2949
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:31 pm

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:52 am

My ear hair went into overdrive as soon as I turned forty. Only my nostrils can offer any sort of competition! :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
User avatar
CakeBoy
 
Posts: 9988
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:43 pm
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Postby GreenBean » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:35 am

espressomattic wrote:I have obsereved the following;

The coarsness of the hair is also thicker around the ears with a substantially larger amount of brain matter attached when removed. I propose then that the main leakage points are the ears and the nose merely acts as an over flow.

Scientifically, GB, I think you have really hit upon something...maybe a letter to New Scientist or something?

Excellent work Breako. It is wonderful to see such excellent collaborative science in action. :D
Image

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
User avatar
GreenBean
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:15 pm
Location: Chester

Postby GreenBean » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:46 am

CakeBoy wrote:My ear hair went into overdrive as soon as I turned forty. Only my nostrils can offer any sort of competition! 8)

You lucky devil. I am told the ladies find it extremely attractive.:? Just be careful you do not get it caught in the rotating drum of your roaster! :P :? :wink:
Image

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
User avatar
GreenBean
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:15 pm
Location: Chester

Postby geedee » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:11 am

I have been told, but don't kow whether it is correct or not as I can't see mine, that shin hair increases and thickens when you reach a certain age ... where does this fit into the nose and ear theory? :?
Life's uncertain, eat pudding first!
--------------------------------------
Wega Mini Nova - rotary , plumbed in
Macap 7 grinder
Old Monarch Deli Grinder
Gaggia MDF grinder (for sale)
3 presspots
2 mocha pots
User avatar
geedee
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:45 pm
Location: North Devon

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:40 am

GreenBean wrote:
CakeBoy wrote:My ear hair went into overdrive as soon as I turned forty. Only my nostrils can offer any sort of competition! 8)

You lucky devil. I am told the ladies find it extremely attractive.:? Just be careful you do not get it caught in the rotating drum of your roaster! :P :? :wink:


A lot of random stroking by strangers occurs and the occasional overwhelmed vestel virgin has been known to faint (or maybe simply trip over said growth) but I have learned to take it all in my stride and use it as a sanctuary for homeless Robin Redbreasts.

geedee wrote:I have been told, but don't kow whether it is correct or not as I can't see mine, that shin hair increases and thickens when you reach a certain age ... where does this fit into the nose and ear theory? :?


Ah. I'm sorry to have to inform you that shin hair issues are almost always a precursor to all-out hirsuteness of most appendages and finally the ability to knit your own coat by combining growth from all in a classic crochet action. Very warm though! :P

I believe drinking more coffee to offset the issue has no effect whatsoever, but it is still recommended :D


Edit: Still learning to spell :oops:
Last edited by CakeBoy on Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
User avatar
CakeBoy
 
Posts: 9988
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:43 pm
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Postby GreenBean » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:00 pm

geedee wrote:I have been told, but don't kow whether it is correct or not as I can't see mine, that shin hair increases and thickens when you reach a certain age ... where does this fit into the nose and ear theory? :?

An interesting point Geedee. I believe that the standard response to people pointing out inconvenient facts that do not fit the accepted theory is to ridicule the individual as a mojo denier and to add that they are probably also a flat earther. This approach avoids the need to enter into reasoned debate which may damage the credibility of the accepted theory.

As you are an eminent and well respected member of TMC I feel that this approach would be inappropriate. In addition to the thoughts already provided by Cakey I would offer the following explanation.

It is well known that quantum theory states that the act of observing affects the observed reality. I believe that this explains your observation. The mere act of trying to observe ones own shins brings the shin into perpendicular alignment with the nose. The nose acts as a mojo overflow, as Breako postulated, and I suggest that drops of mojo are falling from the nose onto the shin during observations thus causing the observed increase in shin hair. :D :D
Image

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
User avatar
GreenBean
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:15 pm
Location: Chester

Postby GreenBean » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:02 pm

CakeBoy wrote:A lot of random stroking by strangers occurs and the occasional overwhelmed vestel virgin has been known to faint (or maybe simply trip over said growth) but I have learned to take it all in my stride and use it as a sanctuary for homeless Robin Redbreasts.

I am soooooo jealous. :shock: 8) :lol:
Image

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
User avatar
GreenBean
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:15 pm
Location: Chester

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:26 pm

GreenBean wrote:they are probably also a flat earther.


It's not flat? :shock: But, I once fell off just east of some concrete jungle in the Balearics ...... I distinctly remember landing in the road after the flat plate of the Earth tilted and caught me again. Lucky escape eh? :roll:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
User avatar
CakeBoy
 
Posts: 9988
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:43 pm
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Postby motoman » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:34 pm

Of course it is not flat you idiot, if it were all the water would run off over the edge and we would all be chewing dry coffee beans.

I have carefully read all of your wise words and am impressed by the edification you have all received.

However, you are all sadly ignorant of the facts: Hair is a living entity, parasitic but benign. It lives in little holes in you skin, by day it comes out and beautifies your appearance but retires to sleep at night. As you age it gets older and weaker until it retires to an old folics home beneath you epidermal layer. It takes occasional walks and can be seen exploring your ears and nose. It is much shyer in ladies but sometimes is seen between the toes, wearing high heels prevents them getting damaged under foot.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
User avatar
motoman
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:41 pm
Location: Bridgnorth, Shropshire UK

Postby GreenBean » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:37 am

motoman wrote:Of course it is not flat you idiot, if it were all the water would run off over the edge and we would all be chewing dry coffee beans.

I have carefully read all of your wise words and am impressed by the edification you have all received.

However, you are all sadly ignorant of the facts: Hair is a living entity, parasitic but benign. It lives in little holes in you skin, by day it comes out and beautifies your appearance but retires to sleep at night. As you age it gets older and weaker until it retires to an old folics home beneath you epidermal layer. It takes occasional walks and can be seen exploring your ears and nose. It is much shyer in ladies but sometimes is seen between the toes, wearing high heels prevents them getting damaged under foot.

I am going to get my head shaved today. I don't want those little parasites on my head. :( :? :roll:
Image

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
User avatar
GreenBean
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:15 pm
Location: Chester

Postby motoman » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:27 am

Take care beanie, we have a local farm that breeds shaving brushes and they have had several visits from the RSPCA for hygene violations.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
User avatar
motoman
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:41 pm
Location: Bridgnorth, Shropshire UK

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests