used, empty coffee bags with valves

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Re: RE: Re: RE: re

Postby chrishphoto » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:59 pm

slapthelownote wrote:I use them to masking tape onto walls to catch the debris when I'm drilling holes in my endless DIY make my house look nice quest. I have a lot of holes in the wall now, but no more empty bags :)

I've used a simillar tactic with old envelopes for years but somehow I've never thought of using coffee bags before. Top tip!
chrishphoto

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: re

Postby EspressoSquirrel » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:46 pm

fill them with soil and plant coffee seeds in them. If my plant ever flowers thats what i will do.
silvia and rocky
EspressoSquirrel

Postby Puck » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:45 pm

I put roasted coffee in mine...
(active kit) Izzo Alex Duetto | Versalab M3 | Hottop 8828P
(retired kit)Rancilio Silvia | KitchenAid Grinder | Mazzer Major | Hearthware iRoast 2
Puck

Postby DrTom » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:41 am

Puck wrote:I put roasted coffee in mine...

That's just silly...

:P
DrTom

Postby Jem_Bean » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:08 am

I wonder if we might be able to expand that Infinite Monkey Theorem (or IMT as we often call it) to include not just works of literature, but also of the other arts.

I was thinking perhaps we could offer the chimps access to scissors, glue and various different coffee bags to see if, over time, they can reproduce say some Picasso or Monet in a collage medium.

That said, if we gave them various other materials, could we actually expand from the arts to the SCIENCES? with some toothpicks and string perhaps they could build us a full replica of the double helix or, dare i suggest it, the chemical make-up of coffee?

Call me crazy, but i like to think anything's possible...

J
Jem_Bean

Postby GeorgeW » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:51 am

Right.........now if nobody has a use for these bags, it is the case that I do have a little problem with the old waterworks. I don't like to give in to these things but have to admit that there are occasions when I feel a certain urgency and, with a little inventiveness on my part, these bags may be the answer.

P.S. I would be willing to go shares with bruceb.
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby darrensandford » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:58 am

Ahh, the old "one-way valve" playing up? :D
darrensandford

Postby Puck » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:17 pm

Jem_Bean wrote:I wonder if we might be able to expand that Infinite Monkey Theorem...

I've heard this monkey theorem banded about before, but what nobody has thought of, is that no matter what miraculous creation one of them may create, it will be obscured by an infinitely high pile of monkey poo.
:roll:
(active kit) Izzo Alex Duetto | Versalab M3 | Hottop 8828P
(retired kit)Rancilio Silvia | KitchenAid Grinder | Mazzer Major | Hearthware iRoast 2
Puck

Postby DrTom » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:07 am

Puck wrote:
Jem_Bean wrote:I wonder if we might be able to expand that Infinite Monkey Theorem...

I've heard this monkey theorem banded about before, but what nobody has thought of, is that no matter what miraculous creation one of them may create, it will be obscured by an infinitely high pile of monkey poo.
:roll:

Yes! How about if we use the surplus bag supply as 'poo collectors'. A bit of sticky tape, a couple of zip ties...
DrTom

Postby technojock » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:48 am

I'm filling mine with sand, ready for the flood that'll come when the snow melts.
: Heatgun / Dualit / French Press / Aeropress :
technojock

Postby JulieJayne » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:21 pm

technojock wrote:I'm filling mine with sand, ready for the flood that'll come when the snow melts.
? sand? Coffee came out of em... put the old coffee grinds back in. Smells better than sand!
Espresso: BFC TCI Lira.
Grinders: Eureka Mignon (2), Mahlkonig Guatemala,
Roaster: Gene Cafe.
Retired... Cimbali Junior, Cimbali Alinox.
JulieJayne

Previous

Return to Off Topic