fluid dynamic simulation latte art

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:40 am

Maybe a missing codec or even a strict security setting?
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

new bit of dynamics

Postby EspressoSquirrel » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:55 pm

well I was at Neil and Lynsey's stall this weekend and Lynsey reminded me of this thread, so I thought I would have another go at it, I remember now why i stopped at the rosetta, its nice and consistent I was basically using a formula, I tried to do the tulip like that but its a bit more complicated so, now I tried animating the pour and i think i got it close, but its not very symmetrical.

have a look
http://www.platformzero.com/coffee/tulip/

I always wanted to do a whole set of them but i think if i do that i would have to approach it in a different way.

I can't really do the tulip for real, so if anyone can tell me anything thats wrong with it let me know
silvia and rocky
EspressoSquirrel

RE: new bit of dynamics

Postby Lynsey » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:00 pm

Ah ha... you remembered!

Its awesome :)
Super Jolly, Rober E, Mahlkonig Kenya

Rancilio Sylvia, La Marzocco Linea 2 Grp
Lynsey

RE: new bit of dynamics

Postby z3t4 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:00 am

Thanks Squirrel*
I am but a newbie ignorant lurker here, but that is very, very cool. It's easy to see how the pattern forms. Great stuff!

Regards

*and Messrs Navier and Stokes, of course :)
z3t4

Postby double_shot » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:39 pm

Nice one espressosquiggle errr I mean squirrel, can't wait for the next in the series. :)
double_shot

Re: RE: new bit of dynamics

Postby GreenBean » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:48 am

Lynsey wrote:Its awesome :)

I could not agree more. Very impressive work. 8) 8)

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

RE: Re: RE: new bit of dynamics

Postby Gouezeri » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:32 pm

He only does this to get in our good books (and impress us) or as a penance for his soul, having worked for the 'N' that shall not be mentionned! :P
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby Jem_Bean » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:54 pm

ES,

First of all - Awesome!

Secondly, would you be averse to the idea of someone 'borrowing' your animations for use in barista training to show how (in theory at least) the pour should work?

I'd be most grateful if your kind squirrel heart would agree... :D

J
Jem_Bean

Re: RE: Re: RE: new bit of dynamics

Postby GreenBean » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:59 pm

Gouezeri wrote:He only does this to get in our good books (and impress us) or as a penance for his soul, having worked for the 'N' that shall not be mentionned! :P

I don't think we should be too hard on people who have worked for them, as in taking their money. Shouldn't we reserve our disapproval (or perhaps admiration) for the people who actually drink the stuff. :shock:

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Re: RE: Re: RE: new bit of dynamics

Postby EspressoSquirrel » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:04 pm

Gouezeri wrote: the 'N' that shall not be mentionned! :P

i never did any work for Nelly Furtado ! now let us never speak of it again !!!!!!!!!!!!

(ps i didn't do the latest green blend ad either, no really this time! someone had to copy my plant hahahahahhahahaha)

a few people have asked about using them for training, feel free to show people the videos i post as a guide, but I can't say when/if i will do more
its not that i don't want to its just, i don't want to disappoint people when it doesn't materialise for another six months, i tend to get snowed under at work occasionally. with the whole being evil thing
silvia and rocky
EspressoSquirrel

Postby Jem_Bean » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:40 am

ES,

Great, i'll make sure i put a small picture of a squirrel in the bottom corner of the slide every time i use it. That way our entire client base will slowly become aware that there is a secret squirrel with a talent for fluid dynamics.

No worries on doing more (although i must say the heart would be useful :roll: ), the ones on here should do the trick.

Thanks,

J
Jem_Bean

Postby Bicycleman » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:10 am

ES

Very cool!
I brought my Sugar for coffee...but I'll bring my Honey to tea.
Bicycleman

Previous

Return to Off Topic