Gaggia on the plane?

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Gaggia on the plane?

Postby Meggi » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:55 pm

Hello there,

do you think, it is possible to transport my espresso machine by plane? I know I can just put her in the main luggage but I'd rather not see her destroyed as she's been so good to me over the past year. And my grinder too (there're 2 of us, coffee geeks, moving together so one would take the machine, the other one the grinder). But my question is: how stupid will I look with an espresso machine in my handluggage? And is it even possible to have it on board? A lot of metal after all, I could hit sb pretty hard with that :roll: . Any experience with that? :twisted:

Thanks,

Meggi
Meggi

RE: Gaggia on the plane?

Postby bruceb » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:40 pm

No personal experience, but I certainly would ring up the airline and ask them about it. Good luck.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby johnny » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:54 am

How heavy is it ?

The second that gets scanned it will light up all the alarm bells, Even if you manage to convince them it isnt a bomb, carrying explosive in the boiler, arnt the components for a detonator etc etc etc ..... the weight of it will piss them off something chronic "you cant put that in the over head luggage, what if it fell on someone madame"

Deffo give the airline a try but I wouldnt hold my breath
- Vivi
- MC4
- No kitchen space left
johnny

Postby awlred » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:37 pm

It might be easier to get it courier if you're staying in Europe. They can be reasonably cheap if you hunt around. Then it's just a case of packing it well.
UKBC Semi-Finalist 2009
|Iberital MC2|Pavoni ZIP(Borked)|Wega Max 2.6|Bodum 8-cup cafetierre|Aero Press|Eva Solo Cafe|La Pavoni EuroPiccola EP|Ocaree TCA-5 Vacpot

My Blog: http://awlred.wordpress.com

Barista at Peel&Peel Independent Coffee, 22 St Micheal's Road, Northampton
awlred

Return to Off Topic