taste of bitter pup

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Should Taste Of Bitter Love invest in a puppy?

yes, this is most certainly a great idea. i would spend 50% more if a puppy was present
29%
no i have no soul, therefore do not like puppies
35%
for some reason i am unsure
35%

Total votes : 17

taste of bitter pup

Postby smoocher » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:28 pm

imagine one of your favourite east london coffee stops. it's a small, lovely kept little area. the nice sandwich's, cakes, and of course coffee. the music is nearly always good and most importantly the people that own it are very nice.
everyone enjoys stopping in at bitter love, everyone wishes they were open all the time.

now imagine if there was a dog out front all the time for you to stroke, converse with and share one of those little raspberry cakes with. i think we can all agree that this is simply perfecting an already great cafe, and even if you didn't take the time to vote in the recent european elections everyone should take two seconds out of their busy lives to convince bill and flic to invest in a puppy dog, hopefully like the one below

smoocher

RE: taste of bitter pup

Postby kingseven » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:32 pm

You know which way my vote went....
http://www.jimseven.com

I'll never own too many items with which to enjoy coffee.
kingseven

Postby smoocher » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:34 pm

no soul
smoocher

Postby charmon » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:45 pm

Brown. You should just wear a furry glove inside out and then everything you touch will be like petting puppies
charmon

Postby Gary » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:12 pm

Sounds like a good idea, but surely the environmental health guys would execute the puppy as it breaches hygiene rules. You know what these people are like, they're the food worlds Nazi's. Well them and the critics
Gary

Postby smoocher » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:32 pm

he would live outside, or downstairs!
smoocher

Postby Gary » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Well in that case im sure it would be fine. Just don't let it live in the attic!
Gary

Postby Bombcup » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:03 pm

"I would spend 50% more if puppies were present."

Just think about that one for a moment.
Last edited by Bombcup on Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bombcup

Postby Bombcup » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:06 pm

^Having re-read the poll I have realised my freudian mis-quoting and dragged my mind from the gutter. Apologies.
Bombcup

Postby Bombcup » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:23 pm

In economic terms that puppy is only going to be a puppy for the first 8 to 10 months. A full grown dog is nice but it's not getting the chicks like a dough eyed pup. In that time you will need to increase your turnover to the point where you can cover the initial purchase of the animal (what's a puppy these days? £500?), vets bills, food the lot. That's gonna set you back £1000 while it's still a prize fighter. Effecively you need that mutt to draw crowds to pay it's keep for the rest of its life by the end of the first year. Better be some special dog; teach it to ride fixed or something.
Bombcup

Postby EspressoSquirrel » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:51 pm

i'm seeing a business opportunity for a puppy rental agency...
but what to do with all the dogs...

I did notice flatwhite had little dog sleeping on a market cart right outside it this afternoon, at the time i thought it had just gone for a nap in the sun. But now i realize it was just a ploy to make me buy coffee
silvia and rocky
EspressoSquirrel

Postby crphillips » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:04 pm

Like the piccy of the French Bulldog pups....my missus has been bugging me for one for ages....you realise they're around £2000 each yeah?

We settled on a Great Dane!

I like places that have dogs and cats wondering around, they give it more of a 'family run' feel but don't forget that some of the population don't like dogs so you may put off some regulars.

2 of my decorating staff won't go into a house if a dog is present.

Hope your training skills are good. We run a stove shop and have a boxer wondering around..........it is impossible to train him as everyone that comes in the shop makes a massive fuss of him. The customers love it though......i think it could be good for business if you choose the right breed. Slobbering boxer in a coffe shop probably not a good idead. Something like a labrador, Schnauzer, Fox Terrier.....could be good.

Not sure i'd spend more but it may get me to visit more often or return again if i originally wasn't going to.

One thing i'd like to do is buy a 2nd stove shop and have a top notch caffe built onto it.
Last edited by crphillips on Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
La Pavoni Pub (Plumbed In)
Mazzer Mini E'
Gene Cafe
Vacu-Seal
crphillips

Postby Gouezeri » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:08 pm

crphillips wrote:I like places that have dogs and cats wondering around, they give it more of a 'family run' feel but don't forget that a some of the population don't like dogs so you may put off some regulars.

That's why we have Mark around here. He was a pup when we first got him... now you should see the size of him... and he slobbers... and scares people away... So it is best to forward plan.
:wink:

A great dane at TOBL? That could be interesting... might provide further seating tho.
Gouezeri

Postby smoocher » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:21 pm

crphillips wrote:Like the piccy of the French Bulldog pups....my missus has been bugging me for one for ages....you realise they're around £2000 each yeah?
We settled on a Great Dane!

how is this a compromise? surely grounds for divorce.
I like places that have dogs and cats wondering around, they give it more of a 'family run' feel

exactly
but don't forget that some of the population don't like dogs so you may put off some regulars.

i wouldn't want these people in my shop
2 of my decorating staff won't go into a house if a dog is present.

definitely grounds for dismissal
Hope your training skills are good. We run a stove shop and have a boxer wondering around..........it is impossible to train him as everyone that comes in the shop makes a massive fuss of him. The customers love it though.....

you are clearly pro-pup. don't be ashamed!
smoocher

Postby crphillips » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:38 pm

Hehe.....note how i used the word settled rather than compromise :-)

My missus wanted a dog.....i didn't, unless it was a Great Dane. She loves the Great Danes also though :-)

I voted not sure........ignore this vote and put it towards the 'yes' vote.....i suppose i am for the pup idea.
La Pavoni Pub (Plumbed In)
Mazzer Mini E'
Gene Cafe
Vacu-Seal
crphillips

Next

Return to Off Topic