buying premier league tickets

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

buying premier league tickets

Postby fred25 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:27 pm

This might sound like a really daft question, but I was wondering if there were any footie fans on TMC who'd point me in the right direction to buy premier league tickets for a match in the 2009/2010 season?

Fixtures have been announced, but the only prices I can find online for a single match are seriously ridiculous (£380 or so); is that normal? Never having been to a match myself, I've got no idea how to go about it - was thinking of offering that to a friend of mine who's a Man U fan, but 400 quid for a ticket is far more than I can afford! :shock:

The Man U website itself doesn't offer tickets for anything further than the next few weeks, as does premierleague.com.... Is everything already sold out? Me not understand! :cry:

Anyway, if anyone had any pointer I'd be very grateful! :D
Au réveil, il était midi.
fred25

RE: buying premier league tickets

Postby leecb » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:38 pm

Normally you have to become a member of the club and then once you are registered you can buy tickets through the club website. They are usually on sale a month or so before each game and will rarely go on general sale especially if you want to see a top four club who tend to be over-subscribed.
Try going to ManU FC website and becoming a member, it is usually about 30-40 quid per season. This is how it works at Chelsea anyway and I'm pretty sure that it is the same at a lot of other clubs.
Alternatively you may be able to get tickets to a Carling or early round FA cup game without much difficulty.
This week I are mainly ready to get back to making muffins!"

Andreja Premium
Mazzer Mini
Chemex
leecb

RE: buying premier league tickets

Postby fred25 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:54 pm

Many thanks for the tip! :D I will have a look at the Man U website, I think membership is about 30 quids - the only snag is that I wanted to buy tickets now for a game in March, which doesn't seem that feasible without forking out £££.... I wonder how these website can sell seats for those games, if the clubs release them only a month before or so? It all seems very strange to me!
fred25

Postby Goat » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:20 pm

Alternatively find a mate who's a season ticket holder and ask *very nicely*.

I've got 4 or 5 mates who are Arsenal season ticket holders who'll "sell" me a ticket if they can't use it.

One of them shares the cost (and the games) with 2 other friends as he's desperate not to lose his ticket; something like a 12 year waiting list and he's had it since he was 5.
The first question I ask myself when asked to do something that's not obviously and overwhelmingly in my own best interest is, 'Exactly what happens if I don't do it?'
Goat

Postby smoocher » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:06 pm

Goat wrote:
I've got 4 or 5 mates who are Arsenal season ticket holders

im so sorry
smoocher

Postby Steve » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:20 am

You could go in the away end, lots of the smaller clubs have a general sale too.
Steve
Founder Member

Postby fred25 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:39 am

Steve wrote:You could go in the away end, lots of the smaller clubs have a general sale too.
that's a really good idea - thanks Steve!

the asking a mate is also a good idea - it's just that I don't have any mates ....I mean who have Man U season tickets :lol:
fred25

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:58 am

Did you want to get in to see Liverpool legend Michael Owen in action eh Fred? ;) :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby fred25 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:04 pm

CakeBoy wrote:Did you want to get in to see Liverpool legend Michael Owen in action eh Fred? ;) :D

In action?!? :shock: I think that was a charity buy on the part of ol'Sir Alex... ;)

(sorry for late response, was on holiday!)
fred25

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:57 pm

It's okay .... so was 'lil Mikey! ;) :lol:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Return to Off Topic