Seller rating.

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Seller rating.

Postby Theodore » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:59 pm

From what I read,most of you,are UK citizens,so,I ask please,if you know about the credibility of a UK shop,named M2Cshop.com,because I want to buy a Kenwood mixer from it.(Expensive enough).
Thank you,
Theodore.
Reneka Techno, Elektra Nino, Macap CPS tamper, Gene Cafe roaster.
Theodore

Postby PhilT » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:16 pm

This looks like an independent trader in North London with a web site. Chances are it's fine, but it's not somewhere well known. If you type the address on their web site into google maps UK and switch to street view, it's a private house.

If you're after that nice Kenwood chef on their web site, amazon.co.uk (for example) do it for only £10 more. I would do that (or similar).

Phil

P.S. Kenwood Chefs are great, particularly if you like cakes. Well built and last for years (decades actually).
La Spaziale S1 Mini, Mazzer Mini E, Aeropress, Kyocera hand grinder
PhilT

Postby Theodore » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:36 am

Thank you Phil.
Theodore.
Reneka Techno, Elektra Nino, Macap CPS tamper, Gene Cafe roaster.
Theodore

Postby leecb » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:29 pm

I personally would buy a Kitchenaid mixer, especially if you're ever going to want to use it to knead bread or do any heavy duty mixing.
The K25GOXWH is a really good model as the bowl lifts up and down and it has a professional grade motor.
This week I are mainly ready to get back to making muffins!"

Andreja Premium
Mazzer Mini
Chemex
leecb

Postby crphillips » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:14 pm

I'm sure Costco are knocking these out for about £70 at the mo.....you got one near you?
La Pavoni Pub (Plumbed In)
Mazzer Mini E'
Gene Cafe
Vacu-Seal
crphillips

Postby darrensandford » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:48 pm

I have a Kenwood Chef, and it's absolutely bomb-proof. I have thrown some heavy stuff in there, and it just ploughs through it, no problem.
darrensandford

Postby bruceb » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:09 pm

You have to be very careful here. The Kenwood KM040 and KM023 are the strongest non-commercial mixers available. They cost around €550 on the continent and are, unfortunately, considerably better suited to dough making than even the professional KitchenAid. The smaller Kenwood machines have nylon gears and are not in the same class.

I always wanted a KitchenAid, but the newer ones are not adequate for making heavy sourdough as the motors overheat and the gears wear out.

Sadly, the Kenwoods are much louder than the KitchenAid and the styling is certainly not to my liking, so I won't be buying either one.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Return to Off Topic