sushi places in London

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

sushi places in London

Postby dsc » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:50 pm

Hi everyone,

so I thought it's about time I tried some sushi, having heard countless times how good it is (if done properly). As it's my and my girlfriends 8th anniversary this week I thought we would go out and get some sushi in London, then perhaps take a walk along the Thames (or something like that).

Anyone knows any good sushi restaurants in London with reasonable prices? I'm not talking dirt cheap, but wouldn't want to pay 200quid for a few rolls.

I'd appreciate any suggestions, so far I was considering Kulu Kulu and Cafe Japan.

Regards,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

RE: sushi places in London

Postby smoocher » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:27 pm

the only place i've comfortably eaten sushi in london is Saki by smithfields. it's not cheap (no decent sushi is) but it is very, very good. it's about 20 seconds away from Dose as well so you can spro down before or afterwards.

i haven't been for a while but the last time i went it was something like £90-£120 for two - although i don't drink. completely worth it. i would eat there every week if i was cashmoney
smoocher

Postby EspressoSquirrel » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:37 pm

my favourite sushi place in soho, is donzoko

Its nothing overly fancy, but its very good sushi, its usually full of japanese people in the evening, which is always a good sign.
Its not too cheap, but you can get a good set sushi menu that includes all the trimmings for about £20 + drinks.

its quite small and can be very busy. but if you want avoid the sushi chains (and i think you should :-) ) this is a good

A couple of reviews
http://www.timeout.com/london/restauran ... s/884.html
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/restauran ... d=23514169

and a photo i found http://www.flickr.com/photos/kake_pugh/2421348898/
silvia and rocky
EspressoSquirrel

Postby fred25 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:57 pm

Though I really like Kulu Kulu (we go there as a kind of pelerinage more or less every time we're in London!) I'm not sure I'd go there for an anniversary IMHO - the quality is quite good, especially at the price, but you have to pick and choose your plates to get the best; also, though there are a few tables (2?) around the kaiten-thingy, the overall decor isn't exactly romantic! (I'm talking about the Brewer Street branch here, must say I don't know the other(s))

.......But, as ever, that's only my 2p's worth! :)

[EDIT]: Having done a quick search on google, the Covent Garden branch looks actually quite pretty:

with customer review

So maybe that one would be worth it?
Au réveil, il était midi.
fred25

Return to Off Topic