Location ideas for new coffee shop site - Your thoughts

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby AndreasM » Sun May 31, 2009 11:26 am

Melbourne still has a long way to go, it's the self proclaimed coffee capital of Australia mainly due to its Italian migrant past, yet there are only 10 or so places it'd drink an espresso at.
There are still many operators that couldn't care less about the coffee they serve or beans they use - I see them all the time, asking me for the price of our beans, what machine we will give them, how many barriers/umbrellas, cups, shirts etc and yet they are not at all interested in any training.

It's improved alot in the last year and i'd quite happily recommend several of my accounts to others for places to go to.
Things will always keep improving at those 10 or so cafes, many offer different brewing methods, a range of origins, investing in quality equipment and training and now it's getting easier for us to import better coffees.

I'm hoping to do a cafe crawl in London early July to compare the two cities but as you said the reality might not live up to memory when I return.

James, if you're ever in Melbourne i'd love to show you around.
AndreasM

Postby smoocher » Sun May 31, 2009 2:16 pm

GMRK wrote:
Bombcup wrote:Specifically though, location-wise; avoid south london, it's a shit-hole.

Oh come on that's such a generalisation.

woah, woah, woah i didn't spot this. disgusting
smoocher

Previous

Return to Off Topic