flickr forum url's

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

flickr forum url's

Postby dsc » Thu May 28, 2009 6:37 pm

Hi all you Flickr users,

so I've finally created my own album on Flickr, but I still use Photobucket simply because it's so much easier to add a Photobucket image to a forum topic/reply. You simply choose the apropriate URL (be it a direct link, or an img tagged one) and paste it into you message. Flickr doesn't allow this as it only gives you an url you can paste as HTML code straight into your website or a direct link which you can't really use straight away as you always have to link back to Flickr (which means adding more code manually).

Am I blind or is it indeed complicated with Flickr to post a photo on a forum?

Regards,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

RE: flickr forum url

Postby Tristan » Thu May 28, 2009 10:02 pm

Can't you just add [img] tags to the front and rear of the image URL?
The Wild Drink Blog
www.tristanstephenson.com
Expobar Brewtus II, Vario
Tristan

re

Postby dsc » Thu May 28, 2009 10:13 pm

Hi Tristan,

sure I do that now, but apparently it's against Flickr rules as each image posted outside Flickr should link back to Flickr. That's why the HTML url version you can copy from Flickr's 'All sizes' page is actually a clickable photo that links to your album. Of course it doesn't work on forums.

Dunno why they couldn't add another url version which is a clickable photo link. It would be so much easier to copy and paste that into forums.

Regards,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

Return to Off Topic