KeepCup Eco Cup

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

KeepCup Eco Cup

Postby SlowRain » Mon May 25, 2009 4:15 pm

Since some of the members on here are directly involved in the cafe business, I thought I'd post this:

http://keepcup.com.au/ (Their website is a little glitchy.)

Coincidentally, their first production run was scheduled for today. It looks like an interesting concept, I'd just like to see it in a more palatable color. I also have no idea of the price.
La Pavoni PRH, Aerobie AeroPress, 2 Bodum French presses, Sözen Turkish mill, Porlex ceramic mill, Feima 600N
SlowRain

RE: KeepCup Eco Cup

Postby SlowRain » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:02 am

Their store is now up and running. The colors don't really appeal to me (except maybe options H and I), but their prices seem reasonable.
La Pavoni PRH, Aerobie AeroPress, 2 Bodum French presses, Sözen Turkish mill, Porlex ceramic mill, Feima 600N
SlowRain

Postby dsc » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:10 pm

Hi everyone,

so anyone tried this? noticed it on Flickr the other day and was curious if anyone here uses it. Might be useful to grab a cup of coffee and drink in the car while driving to work.

Regards,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

Postby EspressoSquirrel » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:27 pm

I have one, but i must admit i don't tend to take it with me too often, as i still prefer to a real cup sat down in a shop to any kind of takeaway. Small tip, never leave one on top of a coffee machine for a week without making sure all the milk is gone, the warm almost airtight environment makes a great place to breed penicillin! errgh

I have seen a few people using them but not many people advertise it

exchange coffee were selling them for a while http://www.flickr.com/photos/mdales/417 ... 503047@N00
silvia and rocky
EspressoSquirrel

Postby dsc » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi ES,

I don't really care about take-aways, just wanted something for the car, can't really take a mug (open top) and don't want to use a thermal flask. I guess a thermal mug would be ok, but I haven't seen anything interesting yet.

Regards,
dsc.

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

Postby EspressoSquirrel » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:20 pm

The selling point i think is that they are a nice size for a small latte/flat white and not the venti sized thermal mug that won't fit under a group head of a linea or similar.
I'm not sure you would want one over a thermal mug for the car, especially if you want it to stay hot though.
Although they do have a nice neat drinking hole that seals very well, (i turned one over to test it, there is a small air hole so nothing more than a dribble comes out)
silvia and rocky
EspressoSquirrel

Postby dsc » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:29 pm

Hi ES,

are there any gaskets/rubber parts on it? I don't like the rubber parts on my thermal flask as they tend to go brown and basically give off a coffee taste which isn't great if you brew coffee everyday and really want to enjoy the taste (without some crap coming from the gasket).

A small cup is ok, just enough to drink it while driving or within the first 15min after arriving at work. Would you say it can stay warm enough to drink the coffee after 30min?

Regards,
dsc.

dsc

Postby EspressoSquirrel » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:40 am

the cup and lid are solid plastic pieces, polypropylene or something theres no gaskets or anything to affect the taste. The band around the cup, to hold when its hot, is rubber. and the plug that goes over the drinking hole is the same material, but its not often in contact with the liquid so i don't think it would affect it.
As for staying warm, not sure it would last 30min, but i haven't tried waiting anywhere near that long so you never know
silvia and rocky
EspressoSquirrel

Return to Off Topic