iTunes, the biggest piece of sh*t ever

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

RE: re

Postby Gouezeri » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:03 pm

Seriously?
200mb? That's mad... There are whole OS'es that are way smaller than a quarter of that... and they're actually useful/useable! :wink:
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

RE: re

Postby dsc » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:04 pm

Hi Dom,

exactly my point:)

Regards,
dsc.

EDIT: just checked again, sorry for the misinfo, it's actually closer to 100MB. Still too much imho.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

Postby Goat » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:15 pm

iTunes->Preferences->Devices.

Ticking off "Disable automatic syncing for iPhones & iPods" should do the trick.

Interesting that you mention the memory thing (I'm assuming you're using Windows). OSX generally has very good memory handling resources so I'm guessing that Apple's iTunes team didn't really think about it when porting it for Windows; my iTunes uses less memory than Firefox.
The first question I ask myself when asked to do something that's not obviously and overwhelmingly in my own best interest is, 'Exactly what happens if I don't do it?'
Goat

Postby dsc » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:24 pm

Hi Goat,

yes you can also go to the iPhone tab and untick "Automatically synch applications" and tick "Manually manage music". Of course if you're quick enough after connecting a new iPhone and before it deletes some of the apps from the phone. You can also go into the tab "Applications" and untick auto synch there, but it opens a window which asks you something like this:

"This will disable automatic synch for applications, are you sure you want to proceed? All applications from the iPhone will be removed."

No I don't want to DELETE stuff from my iPhone, I want to stop iTunes from deleting the stuff on it's own without asking me.

Seriously I think that the iTunes team should be hanged by their balls somewhere on a tree.

And don't even mention how much memory Firefox uses. I like it and I use it, but sometimes it just goes over the top with memory consumption.

Regards,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

Postby geedee » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:56 am

Can anyone help me please ... how do I stop my ipod classic returning to repeat play whenever it is switched back on? ... it is a small thing but it drives me insane.
Life's uncertain, eat pudding first!
--------------------------------------
Wega Mini Nova - rotary , plumbed in
Macap 7 grinder
Old Monarch Deli Grinder
Gaggia MDF grinder (for sale)
3 presspots
2 mocha pots
geedee

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:00 pm

What the hell is an ipod? ;)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Previous

Return to Off Topic