A Word of Warning to us all

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

A Word of Warning to us all

Postby bruceb » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:15 pm

Read this and keep those machines warm and a spare on hand just in case! :shock: :roll:
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

RE: A Word of Warning to us all

Postby espressomattic » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:51 pm

*Stands up*

Hello my name is Matt and I am 'dependant' on coffee.
espressomattic

RE: A Word of Warning to us all

Postby Neo » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:09 pm

That's why we should drink more...just for precautions :D
Anfim supercaimano
Gaggia Baby
Cloth filter
Syphon
Lovely coffee from a great roaster
Neo

Postby Olings » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:20 pm

I've felt no symptoms of withdrawal. I haven't tried to not drink coffee yet so I feel fine. Why should I not drink coffee?

Ola
La Marzocco GS3, Compak K10, Dualit grinder, Turkish coffee maker (Ibrik) and grinder, Eva Solo coffee maker, French press, Aeropress.
Olings

Postby EspressoSquirrel » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:53 pm

hmm 3 days without coffee for me now.. i was a bit ill over the weekend, and whenever i feel ill i stop drinking coffee, I have gone without coffee for a couple of weeks plenty of times since i started drinking coffee daily, sometimes just because i am not in a place with good coffee, I suppose i don't drink much compared with some people, but i have never noticed any withdrawal symptoms
silvia and rocky
EspressoSquirrel

Postby Carl » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:07 pm

How refreshing to read a health "story" about the problems caused by NOT drinking enough coffee.

I drink to your health!
Carl

Postby bruceb » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:36 pm

I have a completely subjective hypothesis that people who are really addicted to caffeine rarely are interested in fine coffee. The ones I know drink overly strong filter coffee with a spoon or two of cheap inst*nt in it. Image
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

re

Postby dsc » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:43 am

Hi guys,

Bruce: is that filter coffee already made and they add the instant just for fun? or is the coffee made from instant from the very beginning? If it's the first I'd say there's something wrong with them:) (well to be honest the latter one isn't good either)

Regards,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

RE: re

Postby Walter » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:40 pm

I second Bruce's hypothesis...

I drink quite a lot of coffee at home (or at the roastery, that is...), but when I'm abroad and there is no good coffee to get I don't mind spending a couple of days - or a few weeks - without a single cup. I haven't noticed any signs of withdrawal so far...
fa' zoccu hai di fari e li fatti d'àutru nun guardari....

This week I are mostly playing with my new water kettle... :)
Walter

RE: re

Postby CakeBoy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:24 am

I haven't had a coffee for at least twenty minutes and I'm fine ...... mwa haaaa haaaa mwa haaa wooohoooooooo! :shock: :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Return to Off Topic