Came home to find a note from my fiancee...

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Came home to find a note from my fiancee...

Postby Bombcup » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:45 pm

"Sorry Stephen, I've put green beans in it. Didn't turn it on as I realised the mistake - didn't know if it might damage the grinder so left it for you."

She rules! I've put my corn flakes through it before without noticing, so good grinder saving spot.
Bombcup

RE: Came home to find a note from my fiancee...

Postby Carl » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:13 pm

"But, surely I can use it to grind my spices."
Carl

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:40 pm

Yeah, she rocks! The thought of green beans crunching in a grinder is scary scary ......
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Beanie » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:05 am

Cornflakes... green beans... how does that mistake happen? :shock: :lol: What's next? Steak? :P
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby Jasonscheltus » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:00 am

to be honest i'm a little more worried about the very last of the coffee from julio gomez in the country. MAYBE IN THE WORLD...
Jasonscheltus

Postby johnny » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:25 am

Woah .. back up a bit !!!

Greens in mistake for roasted is understandable ... punishable, but understandable.

How the hell do you put cornflakes in your grinder ??? .... at what point did you not realise that beans dont live in a massive white box with a giant cock on the front. ?? ...... at what point of having to un fold some of the plastic wrap to let the bright yellow flakes fall out of the light white box .. did it not occur to you that this wasnt coffee ??

At what point of filling your hopper up with bright yellow flakes did you not realise and procede to turn the grinder on ??

When actually did you realise ? .... 1st shot ? .... 2nd shot. ??? ... Hmmmm, the roasting notes said chocolately wine ... this is more soggy corn !

Actually when did this mistake 1st start .... had you previously the day before actually roasted 100g of cornflakes into their second crack ??
- Vivi
- MC4
- No kitchen space left
johnny

Postby triptogenetica » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:09 am

that's pretty scary - but the note is fantastic, just what was needed!

(But... my significant other would *know* that green beans would do some damage! And would hopefully have no problem turning the grinder upside down to fix it! :) ).
Bezzera BZ35 (ex Gaggia Carezza)
Grinders - Iberital MC2, Bezzera BB105, Hario Skerton
Aeropress, Cona C, Hario MCA-5 and TCA-5 vacpots
Beans - Behmor homeroast
triptogenetica

Postby dsc » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:56 am

Hi guys,

that's not a bad save:) still cornflakes in the grinder? did you put milk in it as well?;)

My lovely girlfriend took the hopper off a few weeks ago while it was still full of beans. Said it was funny as hell:D I laughed as well but told her to leave it for me to sort out, I simply trust no one when it comes to coffee equipment.

Regards,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

Postby Bombcup » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:47 pm

The cornflakes end up in the grinder for the same reason the remote control ends up in the fridge and my keys are in my pants drawer. It's not easy operating at 4.30am every day.

I like the giant cock on the front of the box.l
Bombcup

Postby JulieJayne » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:15 pm

triptogenetica wrote:that's pretty scary - but the note is fantastic, just what was needed!

(But... my significant other would *know* that green beans would do some damage! And would hopefully have no problem turning the grinder upside down to fix it! :) ).

Did you see the picture? Did you ever try to lift a Guatemala, let alone turn it upside down!!! They are damn heavy, and awkward chunks of grinder.

- but the note is fantastic, just what was needed!... too right

As a matter of interest, how did you get the beans out Stephen???
Espresso: BFC TCI Lira.
Grinders: Eureka Mignon (2), Mahlkonig Guatemala,
Roaster: Gene Cafe.
Retired... Cimbali Junior, Cimbali Alinox.
JulieJayne

Postby Bombcup » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:55 pm

Just undid the grind adjuster, pryed out the burr carrier and swept out the last Julio Gomez microlot in the world into the dustbin... It was no problem, honestly my love, no problem at all.... :evil:
Bombcup

Postby Gadders » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:38 am

D'oh.
Gadders

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:17 pm

:(
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Return to Off Topic