cracked JG fitting

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

cracked JG fitting

Postby dsc » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:14 am

Hi guys,

I've managed to crack one of the JG fittings on the inlet of my machine:

Anyone knows where I can get a replacement locally? I've just finished working on my machine and this happens :evil: I can buy one from ebay, but it's not going to arrive before Tuesday.

This also made me think that maybe it's a good idea to switch to something more solid, like brass or SS. Will air delivery hoses be good for water as well? Most air service places offer rubber hoses that can withstand even 30bar and have nice brass compression fittings which won't crack even if you tighten them using a huge macho wrench.

Regards,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

RE: cracked JG fitting

Postby bruceb » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:35 am

We use air hoses and bayonet fittings for high-pressure liquid cooling lines on the electron microscope. Some have been in operation for 10 years without failure.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby dsc » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:25 am

Hi Bruce,

you mean something like this:

and this:

I was thinking of using these:

and maybe these:

but I'm not so sure about them.

The annoying part is finding the stuff here, I know a few places in Poland were I could get it even during the weekend but it looks like I will have to order it from ebay here anyway.

Regards,
dsc.

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

Postby bruceb » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:30 pm

Yes, that's the kind of stuff we use. It's made for 10 Bar or higher air pressure, the O-rings are fine for use with water and (in our case) alcohol-based antifreeze.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby dsc » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:48 pm

Hi Bruce,

thanks for the info. Do you think that those barbed hose connectors would withstand 9bar of pressure without any clamps like these:

?

Regards,
dsc.

dsc

Postby bruceb » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:29 pm

NO!
bruceb

Postby dsc » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:22 pm

Hi Bruce,

well it's going to be the bayonets then:)

Regards,
dsc.

dsc

Return to Off Topic