How do you name your blends?

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

How do you name your blends?

Postby Bren_D » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:46 pm

I have probably missed threads on this in the past, but how do you guys decide what to name your blends?

I've been roasting for a while but hadn't bothered to try blending until today, which left me with the problem of what to name the blends and whether or not they deserve a name until I've finished tweaking them.

I think I've decided on King as a provisional name for the espresso blend and to save any accusations of arrogance or anyone having to ask whether it was named after Martin Luther, Elvis or even Billie Jean, the filter/press blend will probably be Woodgate for that goal a year ago. Yup I think I'll work my way through the spurs players legendary enough to have a blend named after them :lol:

Same again tomorrow please Woody!
Gaggia Classic, Iberital MC2, Dualit grinder, a rather sexy Reg Barber and a collection of various press and moka pots. Oh and an Aeropress :)
Bren_D

RE: How do you name your blends?

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:24 pm

Bren_D wrote:I think I'll work my way through the spurs players legendary enough to have a blend named after them :lol:

You'll be drinking mainly SOs then? ;) :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Re: RE: How do you name your blends?

Postby Bren_D » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:51 pm

CakeBoy wrote:
Bren_D wrote:I think I'll work my way through the spurs players legendary enough to have a blend named after them :lol:

You'll be drinking mainly SOs then? ;) :P

I had a feeling someone would use that line :lol:

The next blend will have to be named after Hoddle in some way, perhaps it'll help me to pull god shots? I'll get my coat.
Gaggia Classic, Iberital MC2, Dualit grinder, a rather sexy Reg Barber and a collection of various press and moka pots. Oh and an Aeropress :)
Bren_D

RE: Re: RE: How do you name your blends?

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:07 pm

Diamond of a gag. Lights up a dark night. I'll Waddle off now ........ ;) :lol:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Return to Off Topic