I'm alive but my feet are dead...shop is open..need sleep!!!

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

I'm alive but my feet are dead...shop is open..need sleep!!!

Postby Joey » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:17 am

Aloha from Vienna!
After weeks of struggling with the last deliveries, handycraft-men and other stuff we decided to open last Thuesday morning.
Monday evening we had a film crew in the shop for a 30 sec spot which will be seen in Nov and Dec on all Austrian Airlines flights in the news and advertising section.... I have a preview but right now no chance to upload it on our homepage....show you later...
Anyway - wanted to close at 7pm after the filmcrew left, suddenly customers came in and ordered coffee - well, why not, we have everything important in stock.
At the end we had about 20 customers, maybe more (?) at the first evening.
Thuesday a bit more, and yestareday Wednsday even more!
Including some Japanese who bought lots of expensive chocolates, and 3 packages of coffee after they had several coffees and cakes.
(Australian Skyburry, Bolivien organic, Ethiopien Bonga Forest)

So the first two days where nice, knowing that we have not sign yet outside the door :)

I am glad that Luke is willing to make over-hours at the beginning. As I have about 10 people to train, this week is hard for me. I should order things, do some office work, make phonecalls for issing items, but I also need the time for showing everybody what and how he has to do it....

As the shop is very big I have lost 3 kg already in the last days (which is a good thing :wink: - no complaints here) but my hands and feet feel numb and the next thing I will do is buying one of this stupid foot-massage thingies :oops:

I'll send pictures soon, gotta run, sorry....
See you
Joey
"Latte" is french for "you've paid too much for your coffee"
Joey

Postby simonp » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:25 am

Congrats on opening Joey, hope all goes well.
Profitec 700 dual boiler
Isomac Rituale
Mazzer Mini
Mahlkonig Vario
Chemex
Aeropress
2 Bodum press pots
Hottop updated to a B with Compuetr control
Imex roaster, dimmer mod on heater (under spare bed)
Rival popper, with split motor and dimmer mod on heater (retired)
simonp

Postby Raf » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:38 am

Hot damn, girl, I'm proud of you! You did it! :) Expect us on your doorstep as soon as possible to see your shiny shop. If you had that many visitors already, you can be assured about the location, I guess. Especially when the Japanese have found you (and judging from when I go to Marcolini's on Sundays: they buy a *lot*).
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby moccafaux » Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:41 pm

Congratulations!!!!!
Rest assured, most thing going astray will be found in some corner months later. And buy some "kompressionsstrümpfe, knielang", they will make life behind the counter easier and healthier.
Good luck and I hope to get a lift southeast sometime in the future.
chocolate+-----__0
coffee=-------- \ >;
myfuel------- (_)/(_)

Postby chrisnotton » Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:16 pm

Warmest congrats Joey!

(not bad for a girl eh!)

Expect me at your door and I'll take you out for a Sachertorte, can't have you 3kg. underweight in the land of cake now can we?

Sie müssen irgendeine Art Engel sein!

Pip pip
}<////(">

:drink: :drink:
chrisnotton

Return to Off Topic