New kit for the workshop...

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

New kit for the workshop...

Postby chissit » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:10 am

Well guys, I've had a gap in the workshop for a while and I've finally bought something to fill it... It's a small 'hobby' lathe from Axminster power tools. It'll handle 180mm dia' x 300mm long and has digital readouts on 2 axis so it's perfect to turning small parts, thread cutting & cleaning stuff up.
I'm planning to use it (amongst other things) during the refurb of some of my kit:
I need to make a new piston ass'y for my little Riviera machine as well as a bottomless portafilter and a matching, properly sized tamper. I can also cut a new tamper and steam tips for the ECM Technika (Giotto).
Apart from that, I think I'll just see how much swarf I can produce before I get the hang of this little beastie...It's been a few years since I last used a lathe.

I'd be interested if anyone else has a similar machine or experience of one? I've also just realised, it may have been better to ask before I clicked 'ADD TO BASKET'

TTFN
Gary

PS. The pics were taken when I'd just taken it from it's packing crate, so it's still covered in protective goo.
Attachments
IMG_1086.JPG
IMG_1086.JPG (80.83 KiB) Viewed 3822 times
IMG_1085.JPG
IMG_1085.JPG (77.26 KiB) Viewed 3822 times
IMG_1084.JPG
IMG_1084.JPG (81.7 KiB) Viewed 3822 times
This week, I are mainly juggling too many balls...

Far too much kit!!
chissit

RE: New kit for the workshop...

Postby bruceb » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:44 am

Nice one, Chissy! Hey, I just may have some little projects for you in the next months. :wink:
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby darrensandford » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:44 am

Very nice piece of kit! When do you start selling your own range of tampers? :)
darrensandford

Postby Aadje » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:33 pm

Nice!!
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Postby GreenBean » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:09 pm

Wow Chissit that looks very impressive. Mine is older, not as clean and mainly used as a place to rest a cup of coffee but in the spirit of these things and to give Bruce another option for his projects :D :-

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby geedee » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:13 pm

I've used Axminster Power Tools for years for woodturning stuff and found them a delight to deal with and their own label stuff has always been good. The lathe looks the 'bees knees' ... I want one ....
Life's uncertain, eat pudding first!
--------------------------------------
Wega Mini Nova - rotary , plumbed in
Macap 7 grinder
Old Monarch Deli Grinder
Gaggia MDF grinder (for sale)
3 presspots
2 mocha pots
geedee

Postby chissit » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:46 pm

AAAAGH please don't post pictures like that... a has bean cup ON a lathe, that really shouldn't be made public. I'm gonna have a cold shower and lay down... :oops:
That's an equally nice piece of kit though, looks slightly larger capacity I think? I feel an upgrade coming on?!
The service from Axminster was amazing, it's the first time I've dealt with them at all. I had them recommended by a friend and they were just as good as he said. I didn't realise they had such a large range?
I'd better go now, I'm feeling rather flushed.. :lol:
This week, I are mainly juggling too many balls...

Far too much kit!!
chissit

Return to Off Topic