DEXTER RULES!

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

DEXTER RULES!

Postby Andretti » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:16 pm

Tonight I will watch the final episode of Dexter 3th season. Great stuff!

Any other worshippers out there?
Now: Fiorenzato Bricoletta plumbed in with rotary, Mazzer Mini M, Cappuccinolover: Barbera Classica with goat milk! Before: Fiorenzato Bricoletta tank,La Pavoni Espresso Lusso, Gaggia MDF
Andretti

RE: DEXTER RULES!

Postby kingseven » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:46 pm

I do enjoy Dexter - looking forward to the episode tonight myself. Read a couple of the books too. I do enjoy a good antihero and some bleak humour.
http://www.jimseven.com

I'll never own too many items with which to enjoy coffee.
kingseven

Postby BazBean » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:30 pm

stumbled across it last season .... very cool and so so diffrent.
Knowledge can be absorbed, but passion cannot be taught !

La Spaziale S5,
La Spaziale EK 2 Group
k30 mahlkonig
Mazzer Jolly, Futurmat , MC 5 Iberital,
Brasilia RR, Macap Deli Grinder.
A growing Tamper collection
(Plus my own playground for the above- A Shop)
BazBean

Postby Beanie » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:42 am

The series itself or the actor :P :oops:

Where is the bloody drool smiley?
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby Joris » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:25 am

Love the series...
Veni, Vidi, Imbibi Coffea !

Bezzera Lever Machine (customized)
Doserless Mazzer Major
"Juggernaut" Homebuilt Roaster
Aeropress, Vacpots, presspots and mokkapots
Joris

Postby lukas » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:26 am

Watched a few episodes and loved them, but it plays at a time here I have other things to do.
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Postby TheBreeze » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:48 pm

reminds me must watch the second series lol
Miss Silvia
GeneCafe
iberital MC2

this week sipping .......... HB rwandan ucar

PROCRASTINATE TODAY
(TOMORROW MAYBE TOO LATE)
TheBreeze

Re: RE: DEXTER RULES!

Postby Andretti » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:37 pm

kingseven wrote:I do enjoy Dexter - looking forward to the episode tonight myself. Read a couple of the books too. I do enjoy a good antihero and some bleak humour.

Did you like it?

It's still a great show, but the development of Dexters character has had a drastic effect on the bodycount..
Now: Fiorenzato Bricoletta plumbed in with rotary, Mazzer Mini M, Cappuccinolover: Barbera Classica with goat milk! Before: Fiorenzato Bricoletta tank,La Pavoni Espresso Lusso, Gaggia MDF
Andretti

RE: Re: RE: DEXTER RULES!

Postby Bren_D » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:21 am

I'm going to have to watch the last three episodes of season two online over the weekend. I feel dirty for doing it, but I need to know what happens ASAP rather than in three week's time.

It was much easier borrowing the boxset of Season one and not being at the mercy of ITV :( But then again I watched the last five episodes back-to-back so perhaps this'll be a little better for me.
Gaggia Classic, Iberital MC2, Dualit grinder, a rather sexy Reg Barber and a collection of various press and moka pots. Oh and an Aeropress :)
Bren_D

RE: Re: RE: DEXTER RULES!

Postby Beanie » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:48 am

Where online do you watch? It was painful for me to do it a month or two back... took a while... but I have no TV. :roll: Got cable included in my rent... just no actual tv :lol:
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Re: RE: Re: RE: DEXTER RULES!

Postby Bren_D » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:51 am

Beanie wrote:Where online do you watch? It was painful for me to do it a month or two back... took a while... but I have no TV. :roll: Got cable included in my rent... just no actual tv :lol:

http://vids.tv/Dexter/tv/season-2 did the trick for me, although I'm not sure if I should be posting that kind of link? The quality of the links from the site seems to vary, but I found the episode I was looking for on megavideo and it worked like a charm.
Gaggia Classic, Iberital MC2, Dualit grinder, a rather sexy Reg Barber and a collection of various press and moka pots. Oh and an Aeropress :)
Bren_D

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: DEXTER RULES!

Postby Joris » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:56 am

I just can't wait until season 4 starts ....
Veni, Vidi, Imbibi Coffea !

Bezzera Lever Machine (customized)
Doserless Mazzer Major
"Juggernaut" Homebuilt Roaster
Aeropress, Vacpots, presspots and mokkapots
Joris

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: DEXTER RULES!

Postby shm » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:32 pm

See, another old thread revived. Dexter season 3 starts in the uk this week. I watched it already online after it aired in the states.

I then went and bought the books. I do like the series but I won't be buying anymore books, they get progressively worse. I also feel the character is a bit inconsistent from series to series, and this is exaggerated in the books to a certain extent. On one level the books are better in there is just more story, more characterisation, but also they are very different than what makes it into the series. Dexter in the books is quite clearly not quite sane, this does not come over in the series at all, just how different he is. The books are all from his POV.

I have a feeling it will get tired well before season 5. Or maybe not, look at the popularity of Heroes, first series was ok but it seriously sucked form season 2 onwards but it's still massive.
stuff
shm

Return to Off Topic