For Cakey's eyes only :D

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

For Cakey's eyes only :D

Postby fred25 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:07 am

Bored by last night TV, I thought I should give a go at trying to bake some blueberry muffins... Here's the result:

Had them this morning for breakfast... Pretty nice they tasted too! (especially for a first attempt) :D
Last edited by fred25 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Au réveil, il était midi.
fred25

RE: For Cakey

Postby Aadje » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:10 am

Looking good :)
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Postby GreenBean » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:33 pm

You are so cruel to Cakey. Fancy telling him at the end of the post, after those mouthwatering photos, that you have eaten them! :lol: :lol:

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:45 pm

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh :shock:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby fred25 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:16 pm

GreenBean wrote:You are so cruel to Cakey. Fancy telling him at the end of the post, after those mouthwatering photos, that you have eaten them! :lol: :lol:

You're right - I must say I wolfed them down like a hungry... well, wolf! I felt so guilty that I had to make another bunch of chocolate chips ones... but these disappeared before I had time to take a picture of them :oops: :lol: :P
fred25

Postby CakeBoy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:46 pm

I think that I may nip off to the corner for a little cry .............
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby leecb » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:08 pm

I feel your pain Cakey, but stay strong- good things come to those who wait and it won't be long I'm sure! :D 8)
This week I are mainly ready to get back to making muffins!"

Andreja Premium
Mazzer Mini
Chemex
leecb

Postby leecb » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:09 pm

Anyway as a professional muffin maker I must say they're a bit lop-sided! :wink:

Andreja Premium
Mazzer Mini
Chemex
leecb

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:44 am

The torment, the torment. My heart is breaking ........ I need muffins :cry:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby fred25 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:51 am

leecb wrote:Anyway as a professional muffin maker I must say they're a bit lop-sided! :wink:

You mean you don't like their haircut? :lol:

Maybe it's because my oven is leaning to one side....
fred25

Postby leecb » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:33 pm

The key with muffins is to not over mix them, leave a few lumps and bumps and they will reward you by popping out the top in an extraordinary fashion! It also means they will have that muffiny texture rather than being too Cakey- sorry to increase your torment Cakeboy :lol: 8)

Andreja Premium
Mazzer Mini
Chemex
leecb

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:42 pm

:cry:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby fred25 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:10 pm

leecb wrote:The key with muffins is to not over mix them, leave a few lumps and bumps and they will reward you by popping out the top in an extraordinary fashion!

Thanks for the advice - come to think of it, it's true that one of the thing about the ones i did was that they were a bit cak.... you know what ;) in texture. Will try again soon :)
fred25

Postby GreenBean » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:32 pm

fred25 wrote:
leecb wrote:The key with muffins is to not over mix them, leave a few lumps and bumps and they will reward you by popping out the top in an extraordinary fashion!

Thanks for the advice - come to think of it, it's true that one of the thing about the ones i did was that they were a bit cak.... you know what ;) in texture. Will try again soon :)

We really must stop torturing CakeBoy in this way. I suggest that 10% of all baked goods featured in this forum should be sent to him in future. This will allow for proper quality control and may even stop him crying all over his keyboard. :? :)

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby Glenn » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:19 pm

If you flip Cakey's avatar upside down they look like the muffins, minus the hands and feet...

Great first attempt
Gaggia Classic | Mahlkonig Vario | Chemex | Aeropress | Refractometer & Extract Mojoâ„¢ | mypressi TWISTâ„¢ | Reg Barber Copper Base Tamper | and only the best beans
Glenn

Next

Return to Off Topic