...and again, the wrong thing in the mail box

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

...and again, the wrong thing in the mail box

Postby dsc » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:27 pm

Hi everyone,

this thing here is mostly a rant as I'm a bit p**sed holding a package from espressoparts.co.uk in my hands and again finding out that an item that was suppose to be something else was sent instead. I mean how hard it is to put together a small package with spare parts??!! :evil:

More than a week ago I ordered some stuff from EP UK and the main item I was after was a double manometer for my Elektra. It's nothing fancy, simply two dials, a white scale plate with 'Elektra' written on it and some numbers. I need one because the original one that came with the machine is a bit broken and only half of it works. So looking at the prices and comparing them to the US I thought 'well I'm better off buying stuff here' and I placed an order. Afterwards I confirmed that it's indeed a silver Elektra manometer and started waiting for it as they didn't have it in stock and had to order it.

So today I get the package I open it up and it's indeed a double manometer, but not an Elektra one. It's by a company called Orman and of course this means that it won't look good on the machine, it's not original and simply it sucks big times. This also means that AGAIN I got something else than I wanted (got a different silicone hose than I wanted last week) and I will have to send it back (probably not getting all of my money back). On top of that I would've never placed that order if it wasn't for that damn manometer and I would've probably bought something from the US.

So to sum it all up: Grrrr!! and I'm still without a working manometer, I'm mad and I have to buy stuff from the US anyway.

Regards,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

RE: ...and again, the wrong thing in the mail box

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:27 pm

Sounds par for the course in all things now. It's all part of the dumbing down process mate. I find that we rarely seem to get the 'advertised service' from anywhere these days. It seems that our time is forever being spent chasing after people who have failed to undertake basic tasks. I may just be getting old ......... :(
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby dsc » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:01 pm

Hi Cakey,

It seems that our time is forever being spent chasing after people who have failed to undertake basic tasks.

I agree with you 100% here. It's silly because nowadays it's YOU who has to make sure that other people who are performing a service do what they are suppose to do. Repeat 15 times that the thing you ordered 5minutes ago should be black, ask 10 times whether the item you ordered is indeed what you want and even though you get positive replies you still end up with something else instead of what you should end up.

Oh yeah I got that stupid silicone hose today, it is black indeed...but 3mm bigger than it should be...

Regards,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

Postby Gouezeri » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:13 pm

Been waiting 2 1/2 weeks for a climbing rope which should have been next day delivery and according to their website was "in stock". I have contacted the "shop" 4 times to ask for an expected delivery date, as I'd rather make sure that there is someone here to receive it, rather than having to track it down to some dodgy industrial estate myself. Finally received an email from them late last week stating that they were out of stock and were awaiting a delivery from their suppliers. They are still refusing to reply to my emails to give me an idea of when they are expecting delivery. As soon as I can find an alternative "shop" for a similar price, I'm going to cancel my order. Of course, they took payment 2 1/2 weeks ago! :roll:
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby JulieJayne » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:27 pm

... give me that soapbox...

suppliers who supply the wrong things... grrr :evil:
Espresso: BFC TCI Lira.
Grinders: Eureka Mignon (2), Mahlkonig Guatemala,
Roaster: Gene Cafe.
Retired... Cimbali Junior, Cimbali Alinox.
JulieJayne

Return to Off Topic