Immune to caffeine?

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Steve » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:25 pm

The pink clouds become quite frightening at 3am...... strange experiance
Steve
Founder Member

Postby tisri » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:00 am

Reminds me of a New Years Eve some years ago (quite a few years ago, when I was using a Morphy Richards for espresso-making). I was exhausted after a heavy few days at work and Mrs tisri wanted to go out and party. I could barely keep my eyes open. So I brewed myself a quadruple espresso (otherwise known as a mug of the stuff) and drank it. By that time she'd gone to sleep and didn't want to go out partying any more.

Four hours later I was still lying awake,
I wish I were what I was when I wished I were what I am.
tisri

Postby quink » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:07 am

I can only remember having a major buzz from coffee once. I cnt remember how much I actually drunk but I seem to remeber at least 2 pots of filter coffee and a pack of pro plus. It really was weird, I couldn't sit still, not from the shakes or anything like that I just had to do something (cue running around with tee-shirt pulled over my head screaming I am cornhollioooooo, for all those who remember :) ) I think thats the only time I've had a major effect from caffeine
Modified Rancilio Silvia, Gaggia 2600 grinder, La Pavoni Pub 1EV
quink

Postby matts » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:44 pm

quink wrote:I can only remember having a major buzz from coffee once.

Chinese restaurant in Glasgow after a night in the pub a few years back, about midnight, absolutely pissed!. Big salty Chinese meal, and then they kept on coming round with the jug of hot plate stewed filter coffee, endless refill style. Must have had 6 cups in half an hour. Absolutely flying, couldn't sleep until 7am.

This is of course why people drink vodka and red bull :wink:

Cheers
Matt
matts

Postby pault » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:06 pm

!Once you exceed the limit of your body you will notice it for sure:-))
greez
marco[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean - on rare occasions in my misspent youth I've been drunk and weeks later been unable to drink the particular brand of beer that made me sick

the worst case is yellow tequila which to this day I can't touch because one excessive night years ago - although I can still do the white stuff!! - half psychological, half physical?
Spazio 2 Group, Pavoni Pro.
Pavoni JDoser & Mazzer Mini Elec Grinders,
Vac Pots - Mini Santos Electronic & Cona 'D'
Various Press Pots
Hottop Roaster
pault

Previous

Return to Off Topic