Let's be grateful for the small things in life (Changed)

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Let's be grateful for the small things in life (Changed)

Postby espressomattic » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:10 pm

After a 10 hour shift that included a Serious Crash that closed the State Highway and involved a minivan full of pensioners, broken arms, legs etc...then at the same time a drink driver already on drink drive charges causing another crash.....Then a chase where the lovely little people tried to ram one off the road.

Never before have I driven so fast...backwards...in my life. To top it all they got away, but we got the car...thank goodness for finger prints!

So my moring shot (HUmmingbird coffee Christ CHurch) Tasted especially good and I love the farmers and roasters who made it possible...They make my job so much more enjoyable somedays! I am soooo glad I didn't end up in Hospital...again ;)
Last edited by espressomattic on Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
espressomattic

RE: When coffee tastes awesome.....

Postby BazBean » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:01 pm

Glad for great coffee and to have you back safe!

a great coffee can really mark a moment if I allow it I find... a bit of a liquid soothing effect.
one of the other reasons i love coffee is the ceramony of the production and the expectation of the reward .....
it makes my apprecaite life for its simplicity and its just dawned on me that its probably the only thing I ever do that requires me to be still ....... for a short time anyhow
Knowledge can be absorbed, but passion cannot be taught !

La Spaziale S5,
La Spaziale EK 2 Group
k30 mahlkonig
Mazzer Jolly, Futurmat , MC 5 Iberital,
Brasilia RR, Macap Deli Grinder.
A growing Tamper collection
(Plus my own playground for the above- A Shop)
BazBean

Re: When coffee tastes awesome.....

Postby Bertie_Doe » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:18 am

Nice one Matt, sounds like a great espresso. I see old habits are difficult to give up. :shock:

espressomattic wrote:
Never before have I driven so fast...backwards...in my life.
Isomacs Zaffiro and SuperGiada
Hottop and Precision roasters
ECM/Pasquini K2 and Aerolatte grinders
Dental vibrator
dbl/16g/44ml
Bertie_Doe

RE: Re: When coffee tastes awesome.....

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:54 am

..... another boring shift then mate ;) :P. Glad you are safe and the coffee is good :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby espressomattic » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:41 am

Sadly, last night, a Kiwi Cop was murdered trying to stop a car involved in a Robbery. I appreciate that coffee all the more now.

My thoughts go out to all law enforcement families who lose loved ones.
espressomattic

Postby darrensandford » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:50 am

I have nothing but respect for the people that put their lives on the line every day to keep us all safe. I'm glad you enjoyed your coffee, you deserve it!
darrensandford

Postby Steve » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:43 am

I agree Darren, we are very lucky to have people that look after us, not only at home but in foreign climbs in the armed forces. I have big respect for the work of the services its a job they dont get thanked enough for.
Steve
Founder Member

Re: RE: Re: When coffee tastes awesome.....

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:18 am

espressomattic wrote:Sadly, last night, a Kiwi Cop was murdered trying to stop a car involved in a Robbery. I appreciate that coffee all the more now.

My thoughts go out to all law enforcement families who lose loved ones.

That's even more shocking because I generally imagine NZ to be a quieter, more socially responsible place than the UK has largely become, though of course there are always exceptions and always risks.

It focuses the mind for sure. My thoughts are with the family and colleagues of the fallen.

Remember, let's be careful out there bro.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

RE: Re: RE: Re: When coffee tastes awesome.....

Postby espressomattic » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:19 pm

Please don't think I am sticking my hand up and saying 'Oh look at poor me in a dangerous job' etc.

I just think sometimes it is good to sit beack, take stock and be grateful for all that we have. We can get so caught up in the business of getting along with life, that we actually forget to sit back and enjoy living it sometimes. And there is no better way to that to sit back with mates over a nice brew.
espressomattic

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: When coffee tastes awesome.....

Postby Gouezeri » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:44 pm

espressomattic wrote:I just think sometimes it is good to sit beack, take stock and be grateful for all that we have. We can get so caught up in the business of getting along with life, that we actually forget to sit back and enjoy living it sometimes.

Too true mate, too true!

I would like to emphasize what others have said and say that we often forget those around us who help to protect and defend our way of life. Most of the time these are thankless jobs, with little real reward. However, there are those of us who do appreciate the effort and sacrifices made in all of the different forces.
Gouezeri

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: When coffee tastes awesome.....

Postby espressomattic » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:58 pm

Personally I reckon Teachers have the most thankless job, you must watch a film called called Freedom Writers sometime. Inspiring...
espressomattic

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: When coffee tastes awesome.....

Postby Gouezeri » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:01 pm

I know where you are coming from Matt, however, having taught various ages from primary to secondary to university to adults, I would say that they all have their certain charms and are far from thankless. Again, it's not one of those jobs you do for recognition, or the amazing salary, but the sense of satisfaction you sometimes get at the end of the day when you actually feel like you've made a difference.
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: When coffee tastes awesome.....

Postby BazBean » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:09 am

Gouezeri wrote: Again, it's not one of those jobs you do for recognition, or the amazing salary, but the sense of satisfaction you sometimes get at the end of the day when you actually feel like you've made a difference.

bit like serving you lot Coffee !!! :shock: :roll: :lol:
Knowledge can be absorbed, but passion cannot be taught !

La Spaziale S5,
La Spaziale EK 2 Group
k30 mahlkonig
Mazzer Jolly, Futurmat , MC 5 Iberital,
Brasilia RR, Macap Deli Grinder.
A growing Tamper collection
(Plus my own playground for the above- A Shop)
BazBean

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: When coffee tastes awesome..

Postby espressomattic » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:06 am

Hey Baz, you mean you wouldn't like a dozen TMCer's looking over your shoulder offering 24 different opinions? You big woosie!!!!
espressomattic

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: When coffee tastes awesome.....

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:30 pm

espressomattic wrote:Please don't think I am sticking my hand up and saying 'Oh look at poor me in a dangerous job' etc.

I just think sometimes it is good to sit beack, take stock and be grateful for all that we have. We can get so caught up in the business of getting along with life, that we actually forget to sit back and enjoy living it sometimes. And there is no better way to that to sit back with mates over a nice brew.

Precisely mate. The job sometimes becomes a bit of a routine and it's easy to brush off the danger and feel invincible. It's good to step back and be grateful from time to time.

I miss the brew bit very much :(
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Next

Return to Off Topic