Canon EOS camera users .....

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Canon EOS camera users .....

Postby MrG » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:39 pm

Not sure what camera's people on here are using, but if anybody uses the Canon EOS range and currently reads PhotoPlus ( a Canon DSLR user orientated mag) then they have a pretty good subscription offer on at the moment.

Subscribe and pay by direct debit and you get a free Lowepro Fastpack 200 backpack (Currently on Amazon for £53 ) However the offer only applies if you pay by direct debit !

PhotoPlus mag

I've just subscribed as I buy the mag each month anyway and I was looking into buying a Lowepro backpack

...... Just thought it worth a mention !

Al
MrG

Postby Glenn » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:38 pm

Thanks Al

Will check it out - my latest edition is still in it's wrapper

I bought a 400D in April and have already taken several thousand photos on it due to a holiday in NZ and Malaysia...
Gaggia Classic | Mahlkonig Vario | Chemex | Aeropress | Refractometer & Extract Mojoâ„¢ | mypressi TWISTâ„¢ | Reg Barber Copper Base Tamper | and only the best beans
Glenn

Postby Bertie_Doe » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:30 pm

Ditto, thanks Al. I bought the 350D new last week. They've been superceded, a couple of times, but they were selling em cheap with an EF 28-90mm lense and a great entry level to the 'bells and whistles' brigade.
I've been having great fun with a machro + 3 lenses, which an ebay is flogging for £15 - it screws onto your existing lense.
The only thing I don't like, is the fragile plasticy body, so I need a decent case, but the magazine sounds interesting.

Bertie
Isomacs Zaffiro and SuperGiada
Hottop and Precision roasters
ECM/Pasquini K2 and Aerolatte grinders
Dental vibrator
dbl/16g/44ml
Bertie_Doe

Postby crphillips » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:31 pm

Cheers for the 'heads up'. I'll check that offer out. I covered my EOS 300D in salt water the other week in Greece and rendered it useless. Just replaced it with the 450D....real nice piece of kit. A new bag would finish it off just nicely!

I've never read that mag.....is it any good? I always bought Practical Photography.

Has anyone used the 10-22mm Sigma super wide lens?
La Pavoni Pub (Plumbed In)
Mazzer Mini E'
Gene Cafe
Vacu-Seal
crphillips

Postby darrensandford » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:00 pm

Nice bag!

Signed up - thanks for the info!
darrensandford

Postby MrG » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:35 am

For those Canon users that have not yet read PhotoPlus, it's well worth a read, even just one issue if you dont want to subscribe.

It's full of articles aimed at the average user ... not the professional photographer. As it's a Canon dedicated mag, all the tutorials show you what to do on 'your EOS', so it tells you exactly how and where to change the settings. It also has lots of tutorials for post processing showing you how to get the most from your Canon software and for post processing in things like photoshop. There is a cover CD that has all the files needed to follow the tutorials ....... I've been getting this mag for the past 5 months and have leant more about photoshop than I ever knew ....

....... not to mention I can now use my 400D in more than just the simple modes :lol:

Al
MrG

Postby MrG » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:13 pm

:D

My free Lowepro Fastpack 200 backpack turned up today....very nice too. Really well made and loads of compartments inside for all the gear I'm likely to need whilst out and about !

Not bad considering they cost over £50 and I was buying the mag each month anyway.
MrG

Postby darrensandford » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:35 pm

Mine turned up today as well. Nice size, and as already said well made and nicely laid out. The previous bag I had wouldn't fit my 400D with the battery grip attached, which was annoying.
darrensandford

Postby Glenn » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:20 pm

No pics to go with these posts? tut tut ;)
Gaggia Classic | Mahlkonig Vario | Chemex | Aeropress | Refractometer & Extract Mojoâ„¢ | mypressi TWISTâ„¢ | Reg Barber Copper Base Tamper | and only the best beans
Glenn

Postby darrensandford » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:14 am

Gah! Some people are never satisfied!

I will see what I can do when I get home :)
darrensandford

Return to Off Topic