BURNT TONGUE !!!!!

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

BURNT TONGUE !!!!!

Postby johnny » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:56 am

:oops: Oh FFS ...... Having had a rather nice espresso and followed it up with an Americano from a nice 70/30 Brazillian/el Bosque I started to clean the Vivi.

I noticed a mark on the exposed group head, and not being bothered to go back to the cupboard to get more polish, I tried the power of my breath to apply moisture to the area ..... no matter how much I "herrrr'd" on it, I could not produce any misting. ....... so I licked it

How long after having a machine is it before you remember how hot an E61 steam flowed group head is ... I have no feeling in my tongue today.

So any ideas on the best way to drink coffee and extract the flavour from it without the use of your tongue ? .... I was thinking gargling and smell alone might work ?
- Vivi
- MC4
- No kitchen space left
johnny

RE: BURNT TONGUE !!!!!

Postby espressomattic » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:25 am

Oh Jonny, mate, pal...The painful thing is that as soon as I started to read it I knew what was coming! ROFLMAO!! :lol:

You were that child who was always told not to touch because it would hurt you if you did weren't you...come on admit it....

Cheers mate, made my evening...still LMAO....I would have paid to see that, sorry, that is just a classic...no....THE Classic. LMAO...stilll ;)
espressomattic

Re: BURNT TONGUE !!!!!

Postby geedee » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:49 am

johnny wrote:
So any ideas on the best way to drink coffee and extract the flavour from it without the use of your tongue ? ....

Caffeine suppositories ... very effective ... allegedly :oops:
Life's uncertain, eat pudding first!
--------------------------------------
Wega Mini Nova - rotary , plumbed in
Macap 7 grinder
Old Monarch Deli Grinder
Gaggia MDF grinder (for sale)
3 presspots
2 mocha pots
geedee

RE: BURNT TONGUE !!!!!

Postby dsc » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:52 am

Hi Johnny,

well that's a good one:)

I guess you can smear the espresso on some delicate parts of your body and let the skin absorb it;) Now were on earth could you smear it?? Maybe Cakey knows...:D

Shell I get my coat?

Cheers,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

Postby johnny » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:02 am

geedee wrote:Caffeine suppositories ... very effective ... allegedly :oops:

Maybe I'll try this later tonight if the feeling in my tongue hasnt returned.

I am assuming for a coffee suppository I want to use a very coarse grind to help with application ... posibly even no grind at all and just use "hole" beans ?

Any ideas what the best type of bean for this is ?, a single origin or a blend of beans ? ...and should I go for espresso roast or something lighter ?

with regards to espressomattics thoughts on me being this type of child ..... Actually I was a good child and always did what I was told .... which is why I never learnt the skills to learn from my mistakes and to this date have managed to burn my forehead, my nose and now my tongue on the grouphead.

My next machine will be one with all the important hot bits inside !

And DSC .... I'll PM cakey and ask hime where best to rub coffee ... I feel that isnt one for public forums :oops:
- Vivi
- MC4
- No kitchen space left
johnny

Postby lastcoyote » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:09 am

johnny wrote:to this date have managed to burn my forehead, my nose and now my tongue on the grouphead.

:shock: man you like to get up close and personal with your machine then aye! maybe you need to get one of those doctor lecter face masks...it'll be for your own protection... :D
“Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and benumbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear a coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me -I am happy” - Hamlin Garland

Rancilio Rocky Doserless
Cona Vac Pot - Table Model "B"
Chemex CM-6A
Hario Woodneck
Hario V60 system
Hario Buono Drip Kettle
Bodum Columbia Press Pot
Bialetti Musa Moka Pot
Aerobie Aeropress
lastcoyote

Postby johnny » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:39 am

lastcoyote wrote: :shock: man you like to get up close and personal with your machine then aye! maybe you need to get one of those doctor lecter face masks...it'll be for your own protection... :D

All I can say is keeping the Vivi clean is a pain in the arse !!!! ... Although now I wear trousers its not too bad !
- Vivi
- MC4
- No kitchen space left
johnny

Postby geedee » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:07 am

johnny wrote:
lastcoyote wrote: :shock: man you like to get up close and personal with your machine then aye! maybe you need to get one of those doctor lecter face masks...it'll be for your own protection... :D

All I can say is keeping the Vivi clean is a pain in the arse !!!! ... Although now I wear trousers its not too bad !

I am lost, if you were wearing trousers to protect your body when you tried to clean your Vivi with the obvious inference that you were using a circular motion of the buttocks, ... where does the tongue come in?
Macap 7 grinder
Old Monarch Deli Grinder
3 presspots
2 mocha pots
geedee

Postby johnny » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:40 am

geedee wrote:where does the tongue come in?

it provides the lubrication :P
- Vivi
- MC4
- No kitchen space left
johnny

RE: Re: BURNT TONGUE !!!!!

Postby HughF » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:41 pm

Ouch! That's why I didn't want an E61. With a concealed grouphead as with the S1 you have to be really **determined** to burn yourself.

Cheers,

Hugh
Grinders : Macap MXK conical for espresso, Mahlkoenig Vario for Chemex, Macap MC6 (spare when our office was closed) for cafetiere, Zassenhaus Knee Mill for cafetiere when working away from home.
La Spaziale Vivaldi S1 espresso machine. HotTop KN8828P roaster. Chemex manual drip for most brewed coffee plus cafetieres and eSantos.
HughF

Postby Gadders » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:51 pm

hahahahah classic :D
Gadders

Postby JonS » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:23 pm

With a concealed grouphead as with the S1 you have to be really **determined** to burn yourself.

I'd say licking the grouphead counts as being pretty determined, Hugh :wink:
Iberital L'Adri 1grp semi-auto | Macap MXKR Auto | Mazzer Super Jolly | Hottop Programmable
Isomac Zaffiro w/PID | Isomac Gran Macinino | Mazzer Mini
Scace Thermofilter
Custom-built grinder timer
JonS

Re: RE: Re: BURNT TONGUE !!!!!

Postby geedee » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:33 pm

JonS wrote:
With a concealed grouphead as with the S1 you have to be really **determined** to burn yourself.

I'd say licking the grouphead counts as being pretty determined, Hugh :wink:

so does using caffeine suppositories ...
Macap 7 grinder
Old Monarch Deli Grinder
3 presspots
2 mocha pots
geedee

Postby Jules » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:48 pm

Jules

Postby leecb » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:36 pm

Johnny, didn't your mother ever tell you...oh well why bother, you just have to learn some things on your own I guess!!
What is it with you boys and your "sensitive parts" that you have to constantly test the boundaries? :roll:
This week I are mainly ready to get back to making muffins!"

Andreja Premium
Mazzer Mini
Chemex
leecb

Next

Return to Off Topic