Nude Kona farmers calendar

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Nude Kona farmers calendar

Postby Sunnyfield » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:56 am

I found this news from UPI:

Eleven female Hawaiian farmers have posed nude demurely for a calendar to promote the pricey Kona coffee bean, project organizers say.

Project leader Mary Lou Moss said the nude calendar featuring Kona Coffee Farmers Association farmers, who are all more than 50 years old, is meant to support legislation being considered by the Hawaii Legislature, the Honolulu Star-Bulletin reported Sunday. Moss said the measure would require all coffee labeled "Kona" to contain beans grown on the western side of the Big Island.

The legislation came about after Kona growers complained other coffee companies used the Kona name despite including as little as 10 percent of the beans in their blends. Moss said such diluted products were damaging the Kona name and hoped "The Naked Truth about 100 Percent Kona Coffee" calendar would bring attention to their plight.

Meanwhile, Moss' husband Chuck said having his wife appear unclothed in the 2009 calendar eventually grew on him.

"At first I thought it was par for the course. She's very energetic and makes things happen," he told the Star-Bulletin. "But it's tastefully done and I think it was a good idea."
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Return to Off Topic