Any coffee trade magazines in Europe?

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Any coffee trade magazines in Europe?

Postby DrZeus » Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:03 pm

This ain't exactly "off topic" but I couldn't find a forum it would fit in. :)

I used to subscribe to "Fresh Cup" in the U.S. but they don't send internationally (and it would be too expensive if they did). Are there any good coffee trade magazines in Europe that I can subscribe to? In English would be preferable.
DrZeus

Postby Sunnyfield » Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:25 am

How about Dutch? :wink:

Eefoc, you should be able to answer this question, I think? SCAE? Coffee house something by Ian B?
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Postby phil » Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:34 pm

I thought of Ian B's magazine but don't care for it (or him) so didn't mention it. There's no SCAE magazine as such, although there is a newsletter.

The SCAE point new members at an American trade magazine, but I'm still waiting for my first free copy. :(
phil
Founder Member

Postby Raf » Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:06 pm

That Ian B guy's mag looks more like a "glue mag", something more aimed at writing positive articles about potential advertisers than an objective, journalistic attempt at informing people about the international coffee business.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby DrZeus » Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:13 pm

The only two magazines that I've seen and like are "Tea & Coffee Trade Journal" and, of course, "Fresh Cup." Trouble is, I'd have to sell my son into slavery in order to afford the subscription fee for just one year!
DrZeus

Postby phil » Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:25 pm

Yeah Neku, I thought something like that too but I didn't want to say too much unless it looked like I was over-reacting to that Hottop business.....

Eeffoc, you've seen the rag haven't you (the Coffee House thingy)? What do you think?
phil
Founder Member

Postby phil » Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:15 am

I asked Carolyn Blanshard (www.anothercoffee.co.uk). She says
The only UK mag that I know of is Coffee & Cocoa International, which is aimed more at the trade brokerage side of the business. Tea & Coffee is US based as is Fresh Cup, but I'm sure your friend already knows about these.

Sorry, don't know of anything else.
phil
Founder Member

Postby DrZeus » Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:22 am

Ah, darn. Well, thanks anyway! Hm...perhaps we need to start one? I have Adobe Pagemaker! :)
DrZeus

Postby phil » Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:52 pm

Yeah, well if you get as many articles as this site does you won't have to worry about printing costs! :(
phil
Founder Member

Postby Raf » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:32 pm

Don't look at me, I did my thing! Although it is a bit hard to find, so I'm not sure everybody read it. And I didn't get any feedback, that's for sure ;(
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby phil » Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:04 pm

Sorry, the menus need work. The current ContentExpress menu is rather hidden and non-intuitive.

I'll see what I can do. I hope that this isn't stopping others doing their bit? Neku did a bang-up job, I hope everyone got to read it.
phil
Founder Member

Postby DrZeus » Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:44 pm

Well....I tried when it was first posted, and I just tried again...I can't find it! I see the announcement, I click on it, but I get nothing!
DrZeus

Postby Raf » Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:35 pm

It's a bit misleading: the article itself is not where the news about the article is: you have to go to the home page and then click several times on the section "Articles and Reviews" - "Fun Articles" - "Coffee in Brussels".
(I tried sending you the link by your toomuchcoffee address, but I'm not sure you even have one. )

Anyway, here's the link:
http://www.toomuchcoffee.com/index.php? ... ws&meid=14

Raf
Founder Member

Postby DrZeus » Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:43 pm

Ah, cool. thanks. No, I don't have a "toomuchcoffee.com" address. I should, instead, have a "toomanyemailaddresses.com" address. :)
DrZeus

Postby Steve » Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:50 am

Sorry guys but I've completley missed this thread until now.

Fresh Cup (great read like it alot)
Tea and Coffee (second best to Fresh Cup)
Coffee and Coccoa (great for insomniacs the worst magazine I have EVER read)

Is that a little harsh ? I hope so cos it really is bad

Ian B from Coffee House Very bad. I arranged to meet him about 2 weeks ago and never got back to me. I mailed him the day before and got sorry cant make it on the day. Hasnt been in touch since. I also gave him Sunnyfeilds and Phils names to do an interview on home roasting in the UK and didnt bother contacting you. Not a great way to tepmt and advertiser (little does he know I have hardley any ad budget anyway :D )

Sorry for missing this thread guys and sorry for being quite recently but the same old excuse of being really busy is dragged into the forum again
Steve
Founder Member

Return to Off Topic