Ian B's new book for charity

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Ian B's new book for charity

Postby ianboughton » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:59 pm

With the kind permission of the site management, I'm allowed to post about my new book. Briefly, I'm part of one of the UK's Great Little Charities - Health Help International. We pay for healthcare for the dirt-poor in two parts of the world, Zambia and Kerala province, s-west India. We pay for their healthcare when everybody else has left them.

The new book, 'Neesha and the Tentmakers', is about the work of our hero in India, Tom Sutherland - he's an Aussie who went to visit Mother Theresa 26 years ago, and never went home.

There's a fairly strong Christian attitude to the book, but not oppressively so - well, I hope not! The main thing is that every single penny of the £4.99 price goes to our work out there. (All of us in HHI pay our own expenses, our accounts have often shown our expenditure to be less than one per cent of funds raised, and as the director is a printer, the book cost us nothing to produce).

If you care to help us, copies available from me, ianb@coffee-house.org.uk Thanks for allowing this post.

-Ian B
ianboughton

Postby Steve » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:14 pm

I'd love one of these Ian, how do you want me to pay?
Steve
Founder Member

Postby ianboughton » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:46 pm

You're a gentleman, mate. Cheque payable to Health Help International (not payable to me, please!) to: 61 Colwell Drive, Witney, OX28 5NN.

Much appreciated.

Curiously enough, the first three buyers from the coffee trade have all been roasters.... !!!!

-Ian B
ianboughton

Postby phil » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:48 pm

Me too!
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil