DrZeus

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

DrZeus

Postby phil » Sun May 16, 2004 9:37 pm

I was talking to John ("DrZeus") by email the other day. He wanted you all to know he says "Hi".

John's having a really tough time at the moment, with work and other issues consuming all of his time. He hasn't forgotten about his friends in TMC though.

I'm sure we all wish him the very best and hope that he manages to catch up with us again soon.

Phil
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Postby Steve » Sun May 16, 2004 10:08 pm

I for one miss John and hope that hes back soon
Steve
Founder Member

Postby Joey » Sun May 16, 2004 10:19 pm

Greetings from me, too - I thought about him some days ago cause it came to my attention that we haven't read him for a while. Hope he is happy tough...
joey
"Latte" is french for "you've paid too much for your coffee"
Joey

Postby DrZeus » Thu May 20, 2004 12:43 pm

Hello, peoples. :)

Just wanted to say that I'm alive. I've been devoting a lot of time to my work (self-employed Web developer), trying to stay afloat. Some of you may not know that I'm an American (from Seattle) living in Portugal. We've been here for a year, and we really enjoy it here, but we've been finding it rather difficult to make ends meet. And so, my time is limited and I'm unable to participate as fully on TMC as I'd like. I really don't think any of you are missing much by me not posting (unless you enjoyed my Ode To Bolivian, that is *grin*).

I went to Porto for a few days, and visited a coffee roaster there (one of the few that actually cares about the coffee and not the bottom line). We got the grand tour by the owner, and we drank lots of good espresso (the absolute best I've had since my arrival to Portugal). I had intended to take pictures, but alas, I forgot my camera at the hotel. :( I'll post some pictures of the city, though, if anybody is interested.

I really hope to be able to spend more time here. I can't believe how much it's grown!
DrZeus

Postby Raf » Thu May 20, 2004 1:13 pm

DrZeus wrote:I can't believe how much it's grown!

Yes, it has :P . It's too bad you don't have much time anymore to hang out on TMC., hope things will work out soon!
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Return to Off Topic