Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

How many shots do you need daily?

At least two
20%
At least three
53%
Between four and ten
20%
Er, just one and I hereby hand in my TMC membership and live on in perpetual shame as a would-be coffee lover
7%

Total votes : 15

Postby Raf » Sun May 16, 2004 12:46 pm

BTW Eeffoc, I was deadly serious about that article: if you coudl describe your day in detail (hallucinations and all) that would be a fantastic read, saving us all the need to imperil our own lives ;)
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby Joey » Sun May 16, 2004 1:39 pm

50???? That's awesome!!!!
My worst amount was 12 espressos a night. I could sleep tough, but the next 3 days it felt like my blood was flowing in the other direction then usually... :?
Found out that green tea is a good antitoxin!

Green Tea Extract (Theanine)

Since ancient times, it has been said that drinking green tea brings relaxation. The substance that is responsible for this sense of relaxation is L-theanine.

L-theanine has shown the ability to promote deep muscle relaxation and improve good quality sleep. Even though L-theanine is found in green tea, it does not contain caffeine. L-theanine is simply one of the amino acids in green tea.

Preliminary research, which needs to be carried much further before more specific claims for benefits can be properly made, suggests that l-theanine may be helpful for the following applications:

:shock: improving learning performance, heightening mental acuity, and promoting concentration
:shock: acting antagonistically against high doses of caffeine
:shock: calming nervous agitation
:shock: lowering blood pressure
:shock: diminishing symptoms of PMS

It has been indicated by laboratory studies that theanine produces these effects by increasing the level of GABA (gamma-amino-butyric acid), an important inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain. GABA serves a sedative function that brings balance to excitability that can lead to restlessness, insomnia, and other disruptive conditions. Theanine also appears to increase levels of dopamine, another brain chemical with mood-enhancing effects, which can reduce blood pressure

yadayada....

joey :wink:
"Latte" is french for "you've paid too much for your coffee"
Joey

Postby phil » Sun May 16, 2004 3:40 pm

Green tea's nice but as a weight trainer I just take GABA neat. And / or melatonin, along with some ZMA (a very special zinc & magnesium supplement, helps sleep quite a bit but don't ask me for the biochemistry 'cos I've no idea)
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Postby Joey » Sun May 16, 2004 7:02 pm

I just found this site about "the Analysis of Coffee According to Traditional Chinese Medicine"...just skip background and coffee history and scroll down:
http://www.itmonline.org/arts/coffee.htm
joey
"Latte" is french for "you've paid too much for your coffee"
Joey

Previous

Return to Off Topic