Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:13 pm

Welcome to the madhouse Bonnie :wink: :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby espressomattic » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:18 pm

GeorgeW wrote:Welcome to the forum Bonnie.
By the way Dom I've now got mine.
This is me collecting my monthly supply of green beans. :wink:

Nice legs...not bad for an old geezer!!! :P Oh and a pony tail too...wonders will never cease!!! ;)
espressomattic

Postby Diamond » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:43 pm

Hello again everyone, just want to say thanks for all the advice, its really good to meet such helpful people! Im looking forward to learning more. Love the site.
Diamond

Postby Gouezeri » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:04 pm

Bonnie,
Though we do have a tendency to go off on a tangent from time to time, I think you'll find most of the people here really helpful, so ask away. I'm sure all of our members would be happy to see another decent coffee busy succeed, as so many of us refuse to drink coffee when ot simply because most of it is dire... slowly though, the tide is changing :D
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby RobC » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:16 pm

Hey bonnie, you could always just get a smart car and stuff a 2 group compact in the boot.....you'd still need to tow the generator though!
Long forgotton Tech and Coffee Equipment guru.
Twitter: @c0ff33a
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I take a look at my life and realise there's none left 'Cause I've been brassing and laughing so long that Even my mamma thinks that my mind is gone
RobC

Postby Diamond » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:29 am

Hi, unfortunatly I will need a full drivers licsense for a smart car, which I am in the process of getting but I have a horrible feeling its going to take a very, very long time! Perhaps the unicycle is the best option slimboy- Thanks for that,it cheered me up. Anyhow, I have just booked myself onto a Barista course at London school of coffee, so thanks for the advice.
Bonnie
Diamond

Postby RobC » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:20 pm

London School of Coffee....Niccceee, forget driving, just look out for a high street location near you......
Long forgotton Tech and Coffee Equipment guru.
Twitter: @c0ff33a
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I take a look at my life and realise there's none left 'Cause I've been brassing and laughing so long that Even my mamma thinks that my mind is gone
RobC

Postby Baron » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:14 pm

Hi all

This is an old thread but relevent to me. I currently run a vending business (vending nuts & sweets to bars/pubs etc.) I am thinking of selling the business and buying a mobile coffe van (the ones used in the apprentice.)

Does anyone own one of these on here? Can anyone give me any pointers/sdvice on the business?

The idea is to work up to having lots of places that I can go on a regular basis (car boot sales, market pitches, sports events, fetes etc) but until I have all of that up and running I plan to sell near the local station in mornings and then set up on industrial estates and other places where there is a lot of footfall. Does anyone have any idea of likley sales? I know its as long as a piece of string but if anyone can offer up rough estimates it would be helpful.

If anyone has done anything similar I would love to here from them as I am really keen to move into this line of business.

Thanks

Baron
Baron

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:20 pm

Welcome to TMC Baron :D . I am sure someone will happen along in a while that can give some pointers.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Glenn » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:21 pm

Hi Baron

I'd love to have a chat to you about your ideas.
Can you PM me if interested?
Gaggia Classic | Mahlkonig Vario | Chemex | Aeropress | Refractometer & Extract Mojoâ„¢ | mypressi TWISTâ„¢ | Reg Barber Copper Base Tamper | and only the best beans
Glenn

Postby bruceb » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:40 pm

Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby Baron » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:33 am

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Leverage, I have sent you a PM too. Thanks!
Baron

Postby psychomansam » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:53 am

That's a piaggio very nicely kitted out for sale on ebay.

:D
Bezzera BB105, Hario slim grinder, Hario filter, swissgold filter, aeropress, cafetieres, cold brewer, stovetops, lots of teas...

...and lots of love
:-)
psychomansam

Postby chissit » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:28 pm

Hi Baron,
Welcome to the forum!!

I started with a Piaggio conversion around 6 years ago and haven't looked back since. There's a lot to consider before making any decisions about which vehicle to go for, Piaggio's are cute but really too small/slow to run around location to location. The Aixam Mega Van is quite useful and can carry everything or convert a 'stock' van.

If you're pitching at various places, full electric machines aren't really viable as you'll need a generator at least 5kW which will be quite heavy/noisy. (unless you go supersilenced which makes them much larger!!). Gas would be the way to go I think, with a small 'suitcase' silenced generator to run the grinder/machine electrics.

Before you start out, get your locations first !!! I've seen too many people fail through buying the set up then realising that there's nowhere to trade!! Discuss your ideas with the local council markets officer or town centre manager. Try and get a meeting with them and get their support and backing, this can do great deal for your business.

Sorry if this post is a little fragmented, there's just sooooo much to consider. Feel free to PM me anytime and I'll spill the beans (so to speak!!)

Cheers
Gary
This week, I are mainly juggling too many balls...

Far too much kit!!
chissit

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic