New Look Website

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

New Look Website

Postby Davec » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:37 pm

I have updated my website for the first time in ages....gone are those products you came to know and love :lol:

I have taken a slightly more professional approach on slightly less professional software :wink: and I hope it looks better....feedback appreciated (although the web site creation software works within quite a limited and fixed framework).

I used something called Namu 6.0, because i don't really have the time and patience to work with anything more complicated and to be honest I prefer the clean look this simple and FREE (of course :wink: ) software gives. Very fast to create sites and very easy to maintain them, publishing the site is also very quick.

The main reason I never really did much with the site was because of the ballache of working with the more complex authoring packages, just so time consuming and so many options. I will now be putting my efforts into content and will have sections on machine maintenance, problems, and FAQs etc. for anyone whos interested

Any content gratefully accepted :D
Davec

Postby GeorgeW » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:44 pm

Looks good Dave...but then what would I know.
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby mhuk » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:03 pm

My comments are:

1. make the logo link to the homepage
2. only have a max of 7 links at the top- put contact and about ona nav bar at the bottom of the page as a footer.
3. The page "jumps" to the side on the 3rd nav link

Other than that looks fine.

:)

If peeing in your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis

Bezzera BZ99s * Mazzer SJ * Hottop
mhuk

Postby Davec » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:08 am

mhuk wrote:My comments are:

1. make the logo link to the homepage
2. only have a max of 7 links at the top- put contact and about ona nav bar at the bottom of the page as a footer.
3. The page "jumps" to the side on the 3rd nav link

Other than that looks fine.

:)

1. Err, the software doesn't allow that :cry:

2. You can't do that either

3. It doesn't do that in IE, but in a browser like firefox it does because firefox only displays the scroll bar when it needs to (and it makes room for that). It's firefox doing it.

It's quite limited, but very quick and fast to get information up on the web. Yes it does not have bells and whistles and you can't easily do any more than I have done.
Davec

Return to Off Topic