Oh happy day!

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Oh happy day!

Postby bruceb » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:26 pm

Well, I thought I would share my good fortune with my friends on TMC.

I no longer have one of these Image

or have to do this Image

I can actually do this Image.
Well, not exactly, but you get the point.

However, for the moment I mostly do this Image

I can only say that it is great to be able to walk into the kitchen and make an espresso standing up, walk out carrying my cup and drink it wherever I like. Three months in a wheelchair made me appreciate mobility :D :D
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby Steve » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:36 pm

Great news, pleased your fit and well again
Steve
Founder Member

Postby lukas » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:43 pm

Great, Bruce! Freut mich für dich!
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Postby Slimboyfat » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:01 am

Congratulations Bruce - glad you're up and about
Regards
Slimboy...

...never knowingly underfed

expobar pulser, quickmill 031, Reg Barber Radical Pro US curve, Koenigbot, aerobie, armour plated welded 1910 hybrid german whirley, several french presses, antique nepolitana, an old stovetop, Zassenhaus that smells of pepper and a hoover attachment colander/cooler thing
Slimboyfat

Postby dliefbroer » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:53 am

Indeed, that has got to be a great feeling. Congratulations!
ECM Giotto Classic - Mazzer Mini E - Gene Cafe - Bodum French Press - Bialetti 1 cup Moka Pot - Lava Deluxe
dliefbroer

Postby GeorgeW » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:45 am

Nice one Bruce.
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby Gouezeri » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:04 am

Great news Bruce!
So back to sorting out all the rooms in the upper levels of your house eh? :wink: Still who knows, you might find more long forgotten stashes of beans!
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby bruceb » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:17 am

No more beans, please! After learning that they are all going stale I am toying with buying a 2 sack Probat and throwing 'em in all at once and finally having enough roasted coffee. What a blend that would be! I could probably cause caffeine poisoning of our whole village.
Actually, I'm sanding and painting door frames and doors, putting up dry wall in the bathroom on the first floor and reorganising the workshop. It really feels good to be able to do these kinds of things again.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby bogner » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:35 am

congratulations - and may I also take the opportunity to congratulate you on being the king of Smileys :lol: good stuff!
you may think you can fly, but you better not try ...

IZZO VIVI | MACAP MC4 | ZASSENHAUS 156 | MOCCAMASTER | SWISSGOLD | BEANS & CUPS & STUFF
never underestimate the importance of a good grinder!!!
bogner

Postby bruceb » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:44 am

Aw gee.... :oops: :oops:

bruceb

Postby BazBean » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:14 am

i am extremly pleased for you buddy...
I bet you appreciate your mobility having been in that situation .
just makes me think just how much i take for granted on a dialy basis. :?
Knowledge can be absorbed, but passion cannot be taught !

La Spaziale S5,
La Spaziale EK 2 Group
k30 mahlkonig
Mazzer Jolly, Futurmat , MC 5 Iberital,
Brasilia RR, Macap Deli Grinder.
A growing Tamper collection
(Plus my own playground for the above- A Shop)
BazBean

Postby bruceb » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:29 am

Boy, no kidding about taking one's health for granted - when it's good. A funny side effect of sitting and reclining for nearly 3 months is that upon standing up one is completely surprised at how tall one is. I kept thinking, "WOW! I'm way up here, looking down on the table or other objects which had become only visible from the side. I had to laugh repeatedly at this impression.

Less humorous is the muscle degeneration that follows lengthy disuse. It is going to take a long time for my legs to regenerate even with the help of physical therapy and use of the home training bike. It's just part of the game, though. I'm just delighted to be able to get back to work on this house again!
bruceb

Postby motoman » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:49 am

Dammit Bruce! you have spoiled my plans to stand by your wheels and patronise you. "Does he take sugar" and shouting loudly and slowly at you coz you are obviously daft and deaf too.

You probably now appreciate most of the errors that people make when talking to you;

1. You are not wheelchair bound, you are using a chair for mobility.
2. Don't talk down to me, come down and talk."
3. "we don't get many like you in here"." Build a ******* ramp and you'll get a lot more business".

Good luck with the rehab mate.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

Postby bruceb » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:28 pm

Hilarious! Sorry I spoiled your chance, Moto. Mostly, people left me alone, perhaps because I always went out wearing a Hawian shirt, a top hat, knickers and a green paisly bathrobe. It was good for me, though, because I learned to recite long passages of Henry V in a deep growly voice.

More on the sober side, however, Germany is extremely handicapped friendly. There are more laws about ramps and toilets, than one can believe. People are also, for the most part quite reasonable and thoughtful. A number of times I was pushing myself along a cobblestone street (just to see if I could do it) and someone politely asked if they could help. All-in-all it was not unpleasant, but again, it's great to be back on my feet!
bruceb

Postby monkey66 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:04 pm

Congratulations Bruce, must be a great relief....now can we chrome and powdercoat the chair?
Bezzera BZ99S with CAL PID
Mazzer Super Red
Large toolbox
monkey66

Next

Return to Off Topic