Extrawheel

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Extrawheel

Postby GeorgeW » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:24 am

I'm now trying to get back into cycle-camping after being forcibly retired last year. This is now a problem as I've already sold my heavy touring bike but this may be the solution as I can use this with any of my other bikes. It appears good value and I've bought one.
The film is really something else.

http://www.extrawheel.com/index_en.php
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby nickr » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:40 pm

Wow looks really good. My wife (then girl friend) and I went on a cycling holiday to Dorset about 20 years ago. Our bikes were so back heavy that when wheeling them you had to hold the front down. It was like being in charge of a wild horse. Oh happy days.

That looks strong enough to carry your Rancilio Silvia,Super Jolly, Imex roaster, Various sizes of Moka stove-tops and maybe even the Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Just call me Eeyore
nickr

Postby Gouezeri » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:16 pm

I've seen similar before and there's a guy who lives locally who has a recumbant and uses something like this.
I do have a couple of concerns though... watch the vid and it seems to "fish tail" quite a lot at speed (apparently 2 wheeled versions are more stable, though I would think they are harder to turn)... the other issue is making sure that nothing comes into contact with the rear wheel, you'd be amazed how quickly things can wear through just with a little friction.
Personally, (from what research I've done in the past) I think I'd go with something that either has a platform or some kind of cradle, a bit like this. Always fancied one for when I'm diving off the islands in britanny. Just for a laugh I'd love to attach one to an A-Bike
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby GeorgeW » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:19 pm

The rear wheel seems to be well protected from being rubbed by the protective cover. What convinced me was the fact that this was recommended as the best one wheel trailer by the inventors of the Y frame trailer, in my opinion the best of the two wheelers. They put it ahead of the Bob Yack and at 8lbs it is much lighter. Again it is very close to the rear wheel and has a low centre of gravity which should deter any fishtailing I hope.
But the value..it comes with two 60 litre waterproof bags and inc p+p from Poland is £135.
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby Gouezeri » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:35 pm

GeorgeW wrote:The rear wheel seems to be well protected from being rubbed by the protective cover.

Agreed, but it is definitely something you want to keep your eye on.
Weight is bound to be lower as there's less of a frame to it, which has both advantages and disadvantages, as I see it. That's definitely a great deal price wise though George, you can almost pay that much for a couple of panniers alone!
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby o_OJiji » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:37 pm

alot more expensive, but have fitted these for people...

realy solid and know some people have used these whilst riding off road...

Bob Yak
o_OJiji

Return to Off Topic