Astonishing!

IMO must see material!

part 1

http://bulk.ctyme.com/bbc1.wmv

part 2

http://bulk.ctyme.com/bbc2.wmv

part 3

http://bulk.ctyme.com/bbc3.wmv
Last edited by Andretti on Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Now: Fiorenzato Bricoletta plumbed in with rotary, Mazzer Mini M, Cappuccinolover: Barbera Classica with goat milk! Before: Fiorenzato Bricoletta tank,La Pavoni Espresso Lusso, Gaggia MDF
Andretti

Postby Davec » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:27 pm

Hmm... I need to think about that after I have watched it all.

But on the terrorism subject what has bothered me quite a lot in the past (and very recently) was the Shooting of a Young Brazilian man in London because the police thought he was a dangerous terrorist able to detonate a bomb. He was by all accounts completely innocent

It's bothered me because I can understand in a way why it happened....but not what's happened since.

But before I go on a short (fictional) story:

Chap running department in large Corporate; let's call him Ricky Gervais (no relation). Ricky is in charge of new product development and is a bit of a high flyer (or possibly a dick, who knows :wink: ). They spend a LOT of company money, many millions developing the new Skyhooks. The product was however not properly tested; Ricky didn't have the correct information and went to market with a product that was flawed.

There was a fatality on a construction site that was directly attributable to the use of the Skyhooks, which failed allowing a Brazilian man working on the site to get crushed by a heavy load.

Ricky quite rightly said it wasn't his fault the product was defective he was just acting on information given to him by the development team. The development team said that during their observation of the product, they believed it was totally safe and all the information they had supported that.

Anyway the company was taken to court and fought the case....as they had plenty of money; they easily won the case, besides it was "no ones fault". The evidence was clear; everything that could have been done to assure project safety had been done.

To cut a long story short, the board of directors was having a meeting and discussing the high profile promotions to take place in the corporation. These are important because they go in the shareholders reports and are highlighted to investors and customers alike. After approving a number of high level promotions......Rickys name came up. the directors mulled it over for a while. After all it wasn't Rickys fault, wasn't anyone's fault...yes one said but at the end of the day he was involved...he ran the department. I know it was not his fault but these are high profile promotions. Hmm said another I know what you mean, we need to be seen to be rewarding success......so they didn't promote Ricky.

Ok so back to my original concern.

A recent promotion within the police force, now I'm not debating the rights and wrongs of what happened, I don't think we will ever truly know. We only know one thing for sure, an innocent man died (not really a success). So it just didn't "feel" right when the promotion was announced yesterday.

Not trying to upset anyone out there....it's just how I feel!
Davec

Return to Off Topic