Caffeine Munchies

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Caffeine Munchies

Postby fiend » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:27 pm

I've been thinking about caffeine and hypoglycaemia (that word defies spelling) lately. Firstly I've found that when I make a coffee at home, I get that v. hungry feeling that you get by skipping a meal or running for an hour or so. Ordinarily the simple answer would be to have a snack. But it's a shame to replace the aftertaste with something else.

The second thing is a little embarassing. At work there is a nasty bean to cup machine that produces blond lungos. To my shame I admit that on drowsy afternoons I have sometimes used it to wake me up. But then when I do wake up I need to spend the rest of the afternoon raiding the cookie jar.

So all this got me thinking. If caffeine is lowering your blood sugar and making you hungry, does it do it by making you burn energy or just making you want more food? If it raises your metabolic rate, then it should make you loose weight. But if it makes you artificially hungry, it should make you fat. Does anyone know the answer?

Rhys
Hot air gun roaster, Mazzer Mini E, La Pavoni Europiccola, Aeropress
http://lapavoni.info/
http://otherwiseitwouldbequiet.blogspot.com/
fiend

Postby Steve » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:08 pm

That would explain the growing belly I have :)

I agree coffee always makes me hungry which is a problem when your drinking it all day !
Steve
Founder Member

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:12 pm

Steve wrote:That would explain the growing belly I have :)

Thought that was the "Guinnessing" :wink: :D . Shoot, I AM turning into Dom ...... help! :shock:
Last edited by CakeBoy on Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Steve » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:13 pm

SHHHHH :)
Steve
Founder Member

Return to Off Topic