Hallo again and a little joke from Joey

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Hallo again and a little joke from Joey

Postby Joey » Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:45 am

Hi folks!
First of all: I have had no time to visit you the last month, so I have no idea what's going on. :cry:
But as I will be on vacation for one week now, I hope I'll find the time to read all the threads I've missed. :oops:
I have had a hard time searching for that perfect loction in Vienna and got some bad experiences with real estate agents. :evil:
But I don't wanna bother you with my problems, I'd rather post you a nice joke I got from a friend, so HAVE FUN, see you soon! :lol:

A man and his wife were having an argument about who should
brew the coffee each morning.
The wife said, "You should do it, because you get up first,
and then we don't have to wait as long to get our coffee."
The husband said, " You are in charge of cooking around here
and you should do it, because that is your job, and I can just
wait for my coffee."
Wife replies, "No, you should do it, and besides, it is in the
Bible that the man should do the coffee."
Husband replies, "I can't believe that, show me."
So she fetched the Bible, and opened the New Testament and
showed him at the top of several pages, that it indeed says....

"HEBREWS"

:D :lol: :roll: :wink: :D
"Latte" is french for "you've paid too much for your coffee"
Joey

Postby phil » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:06 pm

The old ones are best eh Joey?

Good to see you around again! :D
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Postby Joey » Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:57 pm

That was an old one? Ups!
Well, that means I'm not that old yet ;-)

Joey
Joey

Postby moccafaux » Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:20 pm

Hello Joey
I very nearly thought you had switched to www.toomuchtea.com.
Tell us your bad experiences.
chocolate+-----__0
coffee=-------- \ >;
myfuel------- (_)/(_)

Postby Joey » Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:09 pm

moccafaux wrote:Hello Joey
I very nearly thought you had switched to www.toomuchtea.com.

:lol: Good one! he, he

The whole story would be too long, but the worst part was the one about the last location. The first interesting shop I didn't get because the landlord chose someone who didn't rebuilt the water pipes on the other side of the store. :?
The last one was in front of a university, next to another one, a famous theatre, near the city hall, a metro and a tram station and many offices. Sounds good, doesn't it? :roll:
Well, the rent of 5000 € was high for just 1270 sqft and a useless upper level of 979 sqft (no allowance for gastronomy).

When the neighbour, a chinese guy with asian cuisine saw that I want to rent the place, he tried to extort me with the outdoor space in front of the store. - In summer almost every gastronomy shop in Vienna makes a lot of money with the seats outside. -
The chinese man was so foolish to pay the furniture store (who was in the place before me) 40 000 € (!!!!) for the permission to use the outdoor space in front of his store.
3 weeks later the furniture store closed it's doors and kept the money which was illegaly given, of course. :twisted:

Now the upper level contains of 2 parts that have to be devided because of the 2 different ventilation systems on the ceiling. The chinese guy took an extra groundlevel area to which the second part of the upper level belongs - but the real estate agent forgot to put that in the contract. :?
So the guy tried to black mail me, saying if I don't give him the outside space in front of my door, he won't take the second part of the upper level - which makes me take it and that would make the whole place 5500 €. :x
The landlord let the chinese guy and me discuss the situation, hoping that one of us will take it.
I tried to argue that if I am his neighbour, he could use the outdoor seats in the evening, because I will close at 7 or 8 pm anyway. He is having his best sales in the evening. Another shop wouldn't let him use the space in any case.
He said no, and I decided to pay 5500 € for the whole spot, using the upper level as seminar rooms and get some money for the higher rent extra. :idea:
But on the way to the agents office the chinese guy called him and said he takes all, including my shop, too. :shock:

At the same moment someone broke the window of our car and stole bothe notebooks. One of them had my whole work for the coffee shop on it. Last backup - 7th of december. :evil:

The agent then said, the landlord would rather give the store to us, because he doesn't want to give the chinese guy too much space at once.
My hopes where up. Next day he wanted to have 6000 €.
That was it for me. The place wasn't worth that much. But that whole game lasted about 1,5 months, and in the meantime I stopped searching for other locations because I was so sure about that one. Well, lesson learned.

I was so tense that I got a terrible backache with which I could nearly breathe one weekend. But my osteopath straightened my bones again. :?

In 3 weeks I have my 2 tests for the gastronomy lisence which will be quite hard. And because our advertising company is still working besides, I have almost no time to learn.
And the goverment decided in february, that everyone who makes the gastronomy lisence this year, has to make an extra test or 40 hour classes of "how to train an apprentice". :roll:
I did that the last 3 weekends. I'm so pis*ed, because everytime I find a solution to a problem, another two are waiting to be solved.
Will that ever stop?

I have everything else I need. The bank, the carpenter, the furniture, tall the syrups, cocoas, cups....I could start any minute - I just need that perfect location. Either they are too expensive or in a bad place.

Now I'm stepping back, concentrating on my tests, searching for a location besides and going on vacation for one week now. No phone, no work, just a neutral background of a white sand beach - nothing distracting in the way....>sigh<

Now you might think "this was the short version?"
Yep, this was just the latest news. And I'll keep you updated when something positive happens! :lol: (might take a while)

Bye
Joey
Joey

Postby moccafaux » Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:06 pm

Hey Joey. Take it easy, there is no need to rush. It is so easy to burn ones money with a wrong decision in whatever business.
chocolate+-----__0
coffee=-------- \ >;
myfuel------- (_)/(_)

Postby alans » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:36 pm

It seems we've all got our sagas at the moment, must be that time of year!

Have fun and I hope to hear about some good diving ;)
alans

Postby Joey » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:05 pm

Thanks guys for the nice thoughts. I gotta start packing my suitcase now, my flight goes in 9 hours. One week "tuna diet" (my favorite meal on the island). Learning for my tests during the day, shopping, eating and the movies in the evening. Yipiiee! But I guess I won't go diving there. Just stones and not so warm water - at least for me. Everything that's below body-temperature is COLD! Brrrr. I'm even freezing on the Maldives :roll:
BTW, who wants some Hawaiian coffee? :o Ah, now I woke you up, he?
But I have to say we are just staying on Oahu, no farms there as far as I know, and the coffee in the Supermarket sucks.
I will for sure go to the Honolulu Coffee Company who charged me 27 U$D for 100grams of green beans (!!!), but this time I'll just drink the coffee.
http://www.honolulucoffee.com/

In the shops you can get the Lion Kona Coffee products:
http://www.lioncoffee.com/index.html

Aloha
Joey
Joey

Return to Off Topic