Hello to all

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby GeorgeW » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:14 pm

You're spot on. It matters not where you eat ..the coffee is dire. I don't get it at all as they do care about every aspect of food. I think it's ignorance really and nobody now knows what good coffee should taste like.
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby leecb » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:47 am

I had a pretty good coffee at "Helene Darroze" in Paris, but you REALLY don't want to know what the meal cost :roll:
This week I are mainly ready to get back to making muffins!"

Andreja Premium
Mazzer Mini
Chemex
leecb

Postby GeorgeW » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:54 am

leecb wrote:I had a pretty good coffee at "Helene Darroze" in Paris, but you REALLY don't want to know what the meal cost :roll:

But I do ....I do...honestly.

I enjoy commenting in a sneering way..."Imagine paying that much for a meal" :wink:

Truly I have no room to talk as during my five weeks in France I ate out every day. I'm scared to calculate what it cost but I may have to sell my only daughter.
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby leecb » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:06 pm

That one meal probably cost the same as five weeks of normal french meals :shock:
Albeit it was for our 16th wedding anniversary and it was amazing, especially when I had a real Proustian "A la recherche des temps perdue" tea and madeleine moment, with a fish dish, that caused all sorts of shrieks of delight!
Won't soon be forgotten, so the price was no problem :D

Andreja Premium
Mazzer Mini
Chemex
leecb

Postby GeorgeW » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:12 pm

leecb wrote:That one meal probably cost the same as five weeks of normal french meals :shock:
Albeit it was for our 16th wedding anniversary and it was amazing, especially when I had a real Proustian "A la recherche des temps perdue" tea and madeleine moment, with a fish dish, that caused all sorts of shrieks of delight!
Won't soon be forgotten, so the price was no problem :D

Well...sneer....sneer...that was a bit over the top in my opinion...sneer... and all that just for a 16th wedding anniversary.

For my 47th wedding anniversary we ate....no...hang on a minute I forgot that one. :oops:
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby leecb » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:19 pm

George, you're not the only one with early onset memory problems,
it was our 18th anniversary, and the only reason it cost so much is that there were no prices on the menu :shock:
If we'd known we might not have eaten the 11th course!

Andreja Premium
Mazzer Mini
Chemex
leecb

Postby GeorgeW » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:51 pm

Know what you mean as I've just been told it was our 44th wedding anniversity. Well.....it felt like the 47th. :wink:
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:12 am

Was this the "large buttocked server" incident George or linked to the "will you take my daughter's hand in marriage" moment? You are a true guru of life Mr G :wink: :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Paul L » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:03 am

Fancy having a Daughter who didn't rush over to France for her beloved Pa with the emergency Aerobie and blend :oops: . Fancy hacing a roaster who hadn't already anticipated it and likewise sent a relief package :? .

Hang on, I take it all back. Fancy having a fellow TMCer who had a place in France for five weeks and didn't invite us over for at least one party and cupping during their stay :roll:
Paul L

Postby GeorgeW » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:12 am

CakeBoy wrote:Was this the "large buttocked server" incident George or linked to the "will you take my daughter's hand in marriage" moment? You are a true guru of life Mr G :wink: :D

You have an unerring instinct Cakey. It was indeed directly connected with the "large-buttocked server" incident and as you have already surmised, was a life-enhancing experience for me.

As for Paul's suggestions let me say that the whole trip was in the nature of a spiritual journey....a physical and spiritual cleansing experience if you will...not to be sullied by stinky roasting sessions and people spitting all over the place. During the whole time I ate only those dry toasted bread things the French eat for breakfast and drank nothing but my own urine.
I can't tell you how much I've benefited from this and feel a new man. :?
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:18 pm

GeorgeW wrote:During the whole time I ate only those dry toasted bread things the French eat for breakfast and drank nothing but my own urine.

Now that is taking the p.......... :shock:

then he wrote:I can't tell you how much I've benefited from this and feel a new man. :?

Oh, and what is his name? :o :lol:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Previous

Return to Off Topic