This evening I am....

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

This evening I am....

Postby GeorgeW » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:28 pm

...dining out at a small and fairly expensive restaurant in order to celebrate my daughter's birthday.
Now the food is wonderful and I don't grudge the money (well not much). But as is usual I know that I will share my time between pondering how it is that a stripling such as I can be toasting the birthday of a forty two year-old daughter and wondering how it's possible for the owners to have an expensive espresso machine but still not be able to make decent espresso.
However I'm not really here because of the food...oh dear me no. I'm here because it was to this restarurant that a friend of mine, by profession a Consultant gynecologist, brought his lovely wife in order to have a romantic wedding anniversary dinner. It was going well until he recognised the Patron's wife as a former patient then not so well as she hitched one generous buttock up on his table and proceeded to recount a detailed history of her last delivery. This did detract somewhat from the romance in his view.
As I see it such splendid women deserve support and I for one will go there as often as I can.
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:39 pm

Let's all hope that you have a wonderful evening George. Your bravely and dedication know no bounds. Even in the face of poor espresso from a machine costing more than four figures and the bared buttock of a woman whose figure has a four as the first digit you continue to smile in the hope that one day you shall be rewarded by shiny new things. I hope such a day comes soon and that in the meantime you are not injured at all by any buttocks that find their way to your dining table this evening.

I shall think of you as I sip triple ristrettos poured from the lovely new naked p/f that arrived this morning. Enjoy your after dinner coffee :wink:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby GeorgeW » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:01 pm

All of the above is true and well merited.

Enjoy your coffee .....you cruel swine. :evil:
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby GeorgeW » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:07 pm

By the way Cakey...I've just turned up a new bit of research that states quite authoritatively that naked pfs do damage your health. I had already intuitively felt this but it's good to have it confirmed. When I've time I'll send on the link.

Ooops......it's not to late to give it a good rinse and send it back I hope.
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:18 pm

I wondered why there was a Government Health Warning on the p/f handle:

"This naked portafilter may seriously damage your health. There is no direct risk from the use of such a portafilter, however, doing so does invoke the risk of disgruntled Scotsmen making outlandish claims" :shock: :D

You could always ask the restauranteur with the bare buttocks if she might pull you a naked one :o :roll:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby zapty » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:34 pm

Excellent repartee CakeBoy.. good for a big old LOL..
Bezzera B3000A, Giotto Premium, several Cona's, several Balance Brewers, Atomic, Milano etc,
Aristarco, Rancilio MD 40, Ditting and Eureka MCI grinders, several antique roasters, a mini500/800N propane/electric Taiwanese roaster, greens all over the place...and some other unmentionables that have not been mentioned......
zapty

Postby GeorgeW » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:21 pm

Now be fair Cakey.....not once did I mention "naked" buttocks. This is obviously stemming from your inflamed imagination....and no wonder I may add.
I mentioned but the one buttock and this was hoicked on to a crisp, white linen tablecloth. Be assured that I will be quivering in anticipation that such a thing could happen to me this evening.
I'm going to lie down for a bit now.
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:30 pm

Hyperventilating at the thought of it all ....... good luck George and Godspeed (salutes) :wink:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby GeorgeW » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:28 pm

Have to report that my dinner was a failure. Wonderful food and good wine but the anticipated did not happen and the table remained sans buttock. For some time I did think it was going to happen as Madame spent some considerable time lolling over our table talking at length about her children's education, her weight problems and her husband's new kitchen, but alas not a buttock was hoicked. Believe me if sheer force of will could cause levitation, then Madam's buttock would have been firmly parked between the cruet set and the bread sticks.
So home to a ristretto and to bed....unfulfilled. :cry:
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:00 pm

At least you got out fed and watered without suffering the restaurant coffee and came away unscathed by large bouncy appendages; fun or otherwise :wink:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby motoman » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:51 pm

GeorgeW wrote:Have to report that my dinner was a failure. Wonderful food and good wine but the anticipated did not happen and the table remained sans buttock. For some time I did think it was going to happen as Madame spent some considerable time lolling over our table talking at length about her children's education, her weight problems and her husband's new kitchen, but alas not a buttock was hoicked. Believe me if sheer force of will could cause levitation, then Madam's buttock would have been firmly parked between the cruet set and the bread sticks.
So home to a ristretto and to bed....unfulfilled. :cry:

Bummer!
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

Postby espressomattic » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:13 pm

George...you know as well as we do that a large prosterior placed in close proximety to yourself could have cause untold damage...I think you were very lucky!
espressomattic

Postby Gouezeri » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:21 pm

If it's Matt warning you, then I would say that there is fair likelihood of possible criminal charges being made too! :wink:
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby GeorgeW » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:24 pm

I know...I know....he's right. :cry:
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby espressomattic » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:57 pm

Hey, I'm on Hoiday and off duty...anyting goes!!! :)
espressomattic

Next

Return to Off Topic