Mechanical help please

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Gouezeri » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:51 pm

Mathias, ce qu'il te faut c'est un bon "dégrippant," pas nécessairement une huile, c'est pas pareil. En tout cas, vas-y doucement avec de plus en plus de force.... et fait gaffe si tu rechauffe apres!
D
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby Mathias » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:50 pm

La marque "Transyl" - dégrippant-lubrifiant. That is the only product I found.....
Conti lever,Spaziale on the way,Eva Solo,French press, Mazzer Jolly
Mathias

Postby Joey » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:47 pm

freezing it might help, too
maybe the axel contracts more and you can get it off....

are you sure you did turn in the right direction? *ggg* -sorry-couldn't resist
joey
"Latte" is french for "you've paid too much for your coffee"
Joey

Postby Gouezeri » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:06 pm

Hmm, connais pas Transyl, mais chuis certain d'avoir vu du WD-40 dans des grandes surfaces... Au cas échéant, essaye du degripoil, ou du "3 en 1"... c'est semblable, mais wd-40 ca peut faire du magie mais faut bien laisser agir pendant une nuit entière pour que les petits lutins puisse bien travailler :wink:
D
Gouezeri

Postby Joey » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:30 pm

gouezeri wrote:Hmm, connais pas Transyl, mais chuis certain d'avoir vu du WD-40 dans des grandes surfaces... Au cas échéant, essaye du degripoil, ou du "3 en 1"... c'est semblable, mais wd-40 ca peut faire du magie mais faut bien laisser agir pendant une nuit entière pour que les petits lutins puisse bien travailler :wink:
D
Attachments
big1.gif
Huuuhh?!?!?
big1.gif (89.31 KiB) Viewed 6677 times
"Latte" is french for "you've paid too much for your coffee"
Joey

Postby Mathias » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:36 pm

I agree completely with you Joey. After 6 years with french language I still stumble on on things and just screem "That is not possible, french can not be that stupid !!!"

Yes Joey, I've turned the direction to remove the screw. The disc is then supposed to slide of....
Mathias

Postby Gouezeri » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:31 pm

So your recommendation Joey would be to hit it with the fish? Put the fish in the crusher and switch it on so that the movement of the fish may free it? Or forget the crusher and buy a fish instead? Ah, I know, you were recommending fish oil? :P
Gouezeri

Postby Mathias » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:25 pm

Couldn't find the fish so I bought a new part and cut the old one open with a dremel. P/N 09 209 ( http://www.santos.fr/images/9_plan.gif ) is a washer in a material similar to the one used between a shower head and the hose on a bathroom shower. Orange and not very flexible. This washer I guess is to keep water enter between the axle and P/N 09 202. Nothing is mentioned in the manual if the washer should be put in place dry or wet or any other way.

Any suggestions how to best avoid P/N 09 202 getting stuck again?
Mathias

Postby phil2spill » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:00 am

Was the old part stuck on with aluminium corrosion as you suspected Mathias?

Not sure how to use a fibre washer in a situation like yours, but maybe some food-safe lubricant would help? There are 'anti-seize' compounds available, but I don't know if they would be safe on food equipment . . .
Ground suitable for all coffee makers
phil2spill

Postby Mathias » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:20 pm

phil2spill wrote:Was the old part stuck on with aluminium corrosion as you suspected Mathias?

I do not what it was. The stuff was black and stuck on the steel axle, not on the aluminium disc. Does that sound like aluminium corrosion?
Mathias

Postby GeorgeW » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:35 pm

No it doesn't really. Usually you may find corrosion where steel is mated with aluminium and it is of a white powdery appearance. Caustic soda is sometimes used to free it up but it should be avoided by using copper grease on the join.
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby Mathias » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:12 am

I did try something similar to WD-40. Could it have changed the colour of the white powdery stuff and baked it to the axle?

Is copper grease safe to use with food??
Mathias

Postby GeorgeW » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:36 am

Mathias wrote:I did try something similar to WD-40. Could it have changed the colour of the white powdery stuff and baked it to the axle?

Is copper grease safe to use with food??

I have known this type of corrosion to produce a stain on the steel once it has been removed. What about using wet and dry and see what happens. I don't think copper grease would be appropriate for any contact with food. I would imagine there has to be some way of safely preventing it however as food preparation machinery must have the same problem.
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby Davec » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:10 am

Unfortunately i think its a combination of food safe greases and electrical bonding
Davec

Postby Mathias » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:42 am

For the moment I put the parts together with no grease. I'll keep an eye now and then to avoid the parts get stuck again. Thank you all for helping me out with this one!
Mathias

Previous

Return to Off Topic